PDA

View Full Version : who's not going to trikefest?

pickleweasel_00
06-18-2007, 11:09 PM
Who's being stuck with work like me and can't make it to trikefest? Guess I didn't plan far enough ahead and can't get out of work :( But I'm definately getting time off next year! Or I'm quitting my job and going anyways which sounds even more fun :beer

SYKO
06-18-2007, 11:11 PM
well the Georgia court system is calling my name wensday thanx to my X wife so no trike fest for me, I thought about it, but hiding in shadows on a 70 like a fugative wasnt my idea of a good time.

ProCarbine2k1
06-18-2007, 11:17 PM
I didnt think I was going to be able to make it out this year, but turns out I will be able to. Not bringing my trike this year though (not finished) but hopefully I will be able to bring a couple trikes next year (a restored 86, and a couple I havent bought yet that are still lurking around in Ohio lol.) Too bad you cant make it out Syko, I thought you were in for sure...

Bryan Raffa
06-18-2007, 11:31 PM
Hold The Fort Guys!

honda250sx
06-18-2007, 11:34 PM
Well work is keeping me from making it to trikefest. I have been working in sunny north carolina since march and will be away from Ny until November. Ugh......Wish i was at TF. Take good pics! NEXT YEAR!!!

84honda200s
06-18-2007, 11:37 PM
:cry: no trike no truck no cash to go :cry: but next year :lol: is another year. i hate to jump the gun but is tf at the same place year after year ? i just need to know because i will probably need to hitch a ride with someone lol.

Maico
06-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Maybe next year for me. I'll bring 2 '86 T3's and an '86 R:Bounce

InPiEcEs
06-18-2007, 11:56 PM
This year is a no-go for me again, but next year............I will be there with my 86 R:)
Let's see how wet the weather is this year, just for grins.
Sounds like it rains nearly every Trikefest.
Maybe this one will be decently dry for everyone.

oldsking86
06-19-2007, 12:18 AM
No can do this year.... To much expenses that and a huge drive for me too, damn gas prices!! I would of loved to bring the chromed out R to the festivities :)

Vealmonkey
06-19-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm not going to trike fest either. Hope the weather holds out. Maybe the event should be changed to MudFest. Have fun everyone. Take pics and videos.

70ATC90
06-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Same here. Total bummer, I gotta work also. I was looking forward to doing the unsespended class.

Howdy
06-19-2007, 12:36 AM
I'm not going to Trikefest...............

Until tomorrow ( Tuesday ). lol I am hoping we can get some pictures and if possible some video uploaded daily for the Non-Trikefestee's. I just need to find a web connection in town and go from there. ;)

I was told that there would be mobile connection at Haspin, but I can't confirm that.
Howdy

rassagmc
06-19-2007, 07:28 AM
well, I can't go! I even had my dad interested in going but he has to work and I am short 6 months from a drivers license. hopefully next year. and yes!!! send some pics and video for those of us stuck at home!! hope everybody has a great time:D

xtremez
06-19-2007, 07:47 AM
I wont be going this year either just bought a house and moved cannot afford to go to trikefest this year,Between buying a house and fixing up the trikes and using up vacation from work to move has got me tapped out.But will definetly be going next year

Bigbore
06-19-2007, 07:56 AM
I can't go either... I've got a accelerated deadline on a landscaping project at Buckley Air Force Base, 353 Family House's in the last year and 48 yet to go... in 4 weeks! So I've got to be there.

Wish I could be at TF instead...

scooterroo
06-19-2007, 08:01 AM
next year definately. wether it be i am stil living in new york, or florida, i will be there!!!!

Erics350x
06-19-2007, 08:07 AM
We should get a Southern Leg of TF going at Ocala or Syco's (hint hint) place. We all know you got a track goin there Alan. LOL
It's just to hard and expensive for me to drive 10+ hrs to ride for the weekend.

SYKO
06-19-2007, 08:14 AM
We should get a Southern Leg of TF going at Ocala or Syco's (hint hint) place. We all know you got a track goin there Alan. LOL
It's just to hard and expensive for me to drive 10+ hrs to ride for the weekend.

we practicaly do man! when we do our ocala rides! our durhamtown ride looks to be a super hudge event as well!! you need to get your azz over here and join up with us!! either in ocala or durhamtown, and my track is little, wait till billys is done! I'll be hanging there!:beer

oh and scooteroo your MOVING TO FLORIDA! no questions asked and no other options!

Mastacator
06-19-2007, 08:38 AM
I've never been to Trikefest, not going to be there this year, and frankly, I may not ever be able to go.....
Its a 1,600 mile trip, one way. 24hrs for me to get to Indiana. I'm in Utah, and without Trikefest moving a little west, chances are slim I'll be able to go. :cry:

willcamach
06-19-2007, 11:00 AM
^^^^ same here ^^^^ would be nice if they changed venues every now and then but since we have great year round riding areas here i wont complain to much.

3Wheelers4Life
06-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Yea i cant go either :cry:, gas prices are too high, dont have the money, and my X smokes like a 2 stroke lol. hopefully next year. please get some pics and vids of TF.

Dammit!
06-19-2007, 11:46 AM
^^^^ same here ^^^^ would be nice if they changed venues every now and then but since we have great year round riding areas here i wont complain to much.

Just come to the Southwest Trikefest we're trying to get going at Rasor Road in January. :beer

BigRedRunner
06-19-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm having my own. :lol: My uncle bought an old stock car track and is rebuilding it this summer. 17 acres of wide open land and a 3/10 mile oval track. It would be 1,500 miles round trip and at 10 MPG, it would run $450 to go! :(

longbedGTs
06-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Ive got to save my vacation time for when I start school.
I wish time and money were on my side, but theyre not this year.
The closest Ill ever get to Haspin Acres is a little spot down here where the Withlacoocie River runs.
Have fun guys and gals!

ScottZJ
06-19-2007, 01:06 PM
No go here.

toocheaptosmoke
06-19-2007, 01:23 PM
not enough time or money.:cry:

Hair Bear Bunch
06-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Well, I thought about it, then when I checked, it turns out to be roughly 4,654 miles EACH WAY!, and with fuel here around $10 a gallon, thanks for the offer but I'll give it a miss this time.
I know the BigRed will float, but after 3,000 miles across the Atlantic, think of the chaffing. Ooer...
Rob.

Cody
06-19-2007, 01:34 PM
I want never be able to go either. Im almost 16, no vehicle, no liscense. No money for gas and dont have a trike right now. We need to have a ride in south georgia.

wheelie king
06-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Billy and I rode up together last year, pulling his 30 foot trailer LOADED with machines. i unfortunately cannot make it this year, because of my job's demands. I will sure miss it, though....... what a heck of a time. All you southerners, pay attention to Syko's Durhamtown ride and our Ocala gatherings. Also, once Billy's is up and running, there's no stopping us!!!:Bounce

Mastacator
06-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Just come to the Southwest Trikefest we're trying to get going at Rasor Road in January. :beer
Now this might be something I can make!! You're in AZ? I don't know where Rasor Road is, but if its in AZ I can probably make that.
Give me the skinny Dammit
or at least a link to it! Ha!

Dammit!
06-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Now this might be something I can make!! You're in AZ? I don't know where Rasor Road is, but if its in AZ I can probably make that.
Give me the skinny Dammit
or at least a link to it! Ha!

It's in California actually. Near Baker.

Here's some pics form the last ride there. (http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=28133)

Here's the thread (http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=28156) where we're just starting to try and get a large gathering together for January. MLK weekend is looking like that target date right now.

If you're not a member of that forum yet, sign up and keep an eye out for rides in the southwest. There's more SW riders on that forum than this one.

Mastacator
06-19-2007, 03:09 PM

Here's some pics form the last ride there. (http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=28133)

Here's the thread (http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=28156) where we're just starting to try and get a large gathering together for January. MLK weekend is looking like that target date right now.

If you're not a member of that forum yet, sign up and keep an eye out for rides in the southwest. There's more SW riders on that forum than this one.

Thanks! I found some pics via search, just checked them out.
I'm not southwest, and its still a bit of a drive, but way more doable than Haspin.

Dammit!
06-19-2007, 03:10 PM
How many hour drive is it for you to get to Baker, CA? Took me about 6 hours.

SYKO
06-19-2007, 03:16 PM
hey doug I might possibly be out your way next year with curtis (fla2stroke) you gotta show us the sick ride areas!

Mastacator
06-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Its about 7 for me to Baker, I've been to Apple Valley, so I've been right through it before.
I'm in Salt Lake City, UT. We have Little Sahara some 1½ hours away.

chris200x
06-19-2007, 03:24 PM
I'm not going to Trikefest...............

Until tomorrow ( Tuesday ). lol I am hoping we can get some pictures and if possible some video uploaded daily for the Non-Trikefestee's. I just need to find a web connection in town and go from there. ;)

I was told that there would be mobile connection at Haspin, but I can't confirm that.
Howdy

Umm.. .no teaser pics like a busted rim like you were sending us non attendee's last year! :rolleyes:

I told myself I would defienitly be there this year... but a series of unfortunate events (a farmer and a sledgehammer for one?!) has lead me to postpone until '08.

Have fun boys and keep it one 3 wheels! :w00t:

willcamach
06-19-2007, 04:13 PM
rasor road is definetly a good time lots of mixed terrain, but its hot as hell out there lol. went last year with a few guys from .org fun fun fun. gotta try and get the Z back in running order and make that ride.

Dammit!
06-19-2007, 07:39 PM
rasor road is definetly a good time lots of mixed terrain, but its hot as hell out there lol. went last year with a few guys from .org fun fun fun. gotta try and get the Z back in running order and make that ride.

It was 105+ Memorial Day weekend. That's why we're thinking MLK weekend for this. Mid january should be nice. Probably real cold at night but 60-70 range during the day. Plus my birthday is that weekend so all of you have to bring me presents. :welcome:

G-MAN-1
06-19-2007, 07:56 PM
I Think They Should Really Consider Changing The Trikefest Spot. Just For Variuos Reasons. Make It In Diff States Every Year Or Other Maybe They Will Get More Exposure. Diff People Etc.....im Not Going To Haspin B/c Of Weather And Riding Conditions. Ive Been There And Really Didnt Like The Place. AND THATS NOT WHY THEY SHOULD CHANGE THE SPOT. I HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY TO GET THERE, BUT NOT TO MY LIKINGS.G

torker
06-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Damn, there's alot of us that won't be able to make it. :cry:
Me, having the money and the vacation time, even the OTC guys offered a trike for me to ride, but fought the vacation date with my boss and lost out. He's taking the date I was hoping for, TRIKE FEST's.
Next year will be revenge. TRIKE FEST OR BUST!!!!!! :twisted:

Have a great time, take all the pics and vids you can, but the most important of all things... BE SAFE.

TORKER.

seadoo650
06-19-2007, 08:41 PM
I Think They Should Really Consider Changing The Trikefest Spot. Just For Variuos Reasons. Make It In Diff States Every Year Or Other Maybe They Will Get More Exposure. Diff People Etc.....im Not Going To Haspin B/c Of Weather And Riding Conditions. Ive Been There And Really Didnt Like The Place. AND THATS NOT WHY THEY SHOULD CHANGE THE SPOT. I HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY TO GET THERE, BUT NOT TO MY LIKINGS.G

Dead horse wack, wack, wack.:welcome:

I could care less where they have it. They can have it in Wal-mart's parking lot for all I care. It's about more than the location. It's more about meeting new friends and seeing old one's again. Seeing all the bikes and restorations and customs. I for one feel very priveledged that this site would host such an event.

wheelie king
06-19-2007, 09:10 PM
Amen, SeaDoo.

It is the company, not the location. But I do understand that it spreads some folks pretty thin in the travel department.

Anyway, You guys (and gals) have fun, and I hope to see you all next year.

tecat-z
06-19-2007, 10:12 PM
I do understand that Haspin may not cater to everyones tastes to a tee, However it is difficult to find a place that allows us to be who we are and puts up with our sometimes roudy behavior and offers many types of terrain. Sure, it would be great to have it with vast areas of sand, mud, trails, mx tracks and strip. In a perfect world this place would exist, and i for one would love it! But, we have haspin that is fun, with over 1000 acres to ride, and all of the great company that gathers there once a year. 07's almost here and can't wait til 08. TF RULES!

G-MAN-1
06-20-2007, 09:24 PM
Dead Horse....................yeh Its Like Beating A Dead Horse B/c They Wont Change It,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,duhhhhhhhhhhh

chris200x
06-20-2007, 09:37 PM
Dead Horse....................yeh Its Like Beating A Dead Horse B/c They Wont Change It,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,duhhhhhhhhhhh

I think you may be better off trying to organize a ride closer to you or in your state. Who knows.. it may catch on. Over the past two years or so us PA guys have managed to organize several rides. It seems to be getting bigger and better each time. Definitly no turnout like trikefest (I've never been to one either) but we have a blast everytime.

dovesprings250R
06-21-2007, 03:26 PM
too far for me too being in So Cal. As Dammit said................January MLK weekend 2008 1st annual southwest trike rally at rasor road!!!!!!!

ScottZJ
06-21-2007, 03:41 PM
I think you may be better off trying to organize a ride closer to you or in your state. Who knows.. it may catch on. Over the past two years or so us PA guys have managed to organize several rides. It seems to be getting bigger and better each time. Definitly no turnout like trikefest (I've never been to one either) but we have a blast everytime.

Exactly trikefest is not about location in general. Its about getting a group of trike enthusiasts together and having a great time. The westcost has their own "trikefest" every year since most cant make the trip to IN. If you have followed, they have grown by leaps and bounds over the years and have a killer turn out. So even if its only 4 or 5 guys, its a start and just cuz you cant make this ride, schedule rides around your area and have a blast. I love to go to different states to ride even if its a 12hr drive. So post a date on a ride and do it! hehe

Dammit!
06-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Exactly trikefest is not about location in general. Its about getting a group of trike enthusiasts together and having a great time. The westcost has their own "trikefest" every year since most cant make the trip to IN. If you have followed, they have grown by leaps and bounds over the years and have a killer turn out. So even if its only 4 or 5 guys, its a start and just cuz you cant make this ride, schedule rides around your area and have a blast. I love to go to different states to ride even if its a 12hr drive. So post a date on a ride and do it! hehe

Even that west coast ride (Rampage) is a long, long haul for a lot us out here. Something like a 26 hour drive for me I think. That's why we're trying to get a mid-winter southwest event going. That's when the prime riding weather is in the desert and it won't conflict with any of the other big rides. Hopefully it all goes well. Even if only a handful of us show up, you can bet we're going to have a blast either way. :beer

BigGreenMachine
06-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Hoping to move to Arizona in a few years so Socal Trikefest is likely to be the first time I can go.

Too far away for me to go this year.

Fox250R
06-21-2007, 10:05 PM

No paddles? must be to many rocks huh?

dovesprings250R
06-22-2007, 07:42 PM
No paddles? must be to many rocks huh?

It's actually not that rocky there. Just some hardpack here and there. I would,t run paddles at all there but I've seen people do it. I ride there all the time with no damage ever to my wheels. It's a great spot! Hope you can make it.

RedRider_AK
06-22-2007, 08:31 PM
I don't think I'll be making it to Trikefest anytime soon.

SYKO
06-22-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't think I'll be making it to Trikefest anytime soon.

lol, realy now? do they have a lottery up there? going to have to hit that before that happens!:lol:

Aka_am
06-23-2007, 12:51 AM
no tf for me..lol next year I'm planning on going! and then off to FL to see my uncle (just left lol)

hopefully I'll be able to bring a R..lol

RedRider_AK
06-24-2007, 01:08 AM
lol, realy now? do they have a lottery up there? going to have to hit that before that happens!:lol:

LOL You talking about the shipping cost of getting a trike down to TF if I ever got one?:lol: