PDA

View Full Version : 85/87 Big Red Owners!!!

rassagmc
06-18-2007, 04:20 PM
I have found a pair of spider trac tires for my dad's BR. the only problem is they are 13.5 inches wide. I would like to know if this width would be a problem. I have looked at the bike and are curious if they would rub, and I would like to be sure before we go ahead and buy them. thanks!!!!

TravEX
06-18-2007, 10:45 PM
On the rear, I doubt there would be a problem, plenty of clearance.

honda_atc200es
06-19-2007, 11:35 AM
worst case, spacers are your best friend, you could even put spacers on the bolts that hold up the fenders and racks, you would need bigger bolts though

ScottZJ
06-19-2007, 01:09 PM
There shouldnt be any issues at all with running them like that. The front tire is the only one you really need to look out for as far as width. Spiders are really great tires when they have good tread and do a great job pulling.

rassagmc
06-19-2007, 01:42 PM
thanks for the replys, guess I'll have my dad order them tonight. the front tire is not a problem, as we just bought a new one. I can't wait to ride this thing!!!!thanks again!!!

the great gazoo
06-19-2007, 05:06 PM
OOOOH baby I can hardly wait till you get the Red running! I was down at the "forgotten land" last night after dinner & cut a couple more trails through the reeds. Tunnelling rules, Yo! Lemme know when she's done, bud.:Bounce