PDA

View Full Version : Need Some 200ES Timing Help Bad !!!

neo19672000
06-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Can anyone please tell me in laymans terms how to set the timing on my 84, 200ES? Its my wifes and I believe she will hurt me badley when she finds out its not running anymore. Any Help will greatly appreciated. Thanks -Brock

Update: Timing is fixed only to finally realize that I have a bent axel anybody got one?

honda_atc200es
06-16-2007, 11:10 PM
if you look in dammnits signiture he has al the manuals, sounds like your havin the exact problem my es im sellin has

neo19672000
06-17-2007, 03:34 PM
bump up for axle

timex69
06-17-2007, 09:10 PM
To set timing
make sure your machine is on its compression stroke (there will be play in both rockers if it is on it, or if you put your finger over the spark plug hole and pull it over your finger will be blown off the hole.

Next
through the timing window on the left hand crank case align the 2 slots on the cover up with the line on the fly wheel right before the T. Then line the "O" on the cam sprocket up wth the groove, tounge, slot..whatever you want to call it on the top of the cam wall. I hope this helps, its almost easyer to get a freind who is good around motors to come over and help you. Mechanics over the internet can be tricky. Let me know how you get along.

Alex