PDA

View Full Version : ATC 110 ticking in head. {Video}

Scooter77
06-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Hey guys, I just took some video a while ago of my 110 running and reving. It has a tick in the head and it sounds like itas coming from the rockers. I just changed out the rockers today to see if it would help and the tick is still there. Also when i had it apart i looked at the piston to see if i could find any marks or anything in case it was piston slap and from what i could see there were none. Anyway i was filming the video from a window in my house with a web cam so the video aint the best but the sound is all thats matters. Take a listen and tell me what you think. I dont think its piston slap cause it sounds like its coming from the head itself. :wondering http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqdwXICQ3Og

chris200x
06-14-2007, 06:57 PM
sounds like the valves ticking to me? are they adjusted to within spec?

Scooter77
06-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Well they were a few weeks ago, I'll give them a check and see if they are. I hope its nothing serious though.

chris200x
06-14-2007, 07:07 PM
My SX ticks like that no matter how many times I adjust the valves. as did my other SX i had years ago. I never had any issues with them blowing up or failing out on the trails. I would adjust them as see how it sounds then. The only other thing I can think of that "ticks" is the timing chain being loose.

SYKO
06-14-2007, 07:08 PM
its ticking becouse you have a trail pro front tire...

Scooter77
06-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Thank you guys, As usual you all come through for me. The problem was a bit of play in the rockers so i adjusted them and its running smooth now. I would take a video so you could hear but its getting dark. Again thank you guys.