PDA

View Full Version : new clutch questions

hazard
06-14-2007, 01:26 PM
hello all, just bought a ebc dirt racer clutch kit for my 350x, it contains the friction discs, pressure plates and heavy duty springs., my question is if i should use the heavy duty springs or just use my stock ones, my clutch pull is fairly easy and smooth right now with a stock clutch i assume., i was kind of wondering how much harder my clutch is going to pull with heavy duty springs?

nd4speed
06-14-2007, 04:47 PM
Compression springs experience load loss with use, meaning they dont last forever.

The heavier springs may be harder to compress but your clutch plates will engage better.

Bryan Raffa
06-14-2007, 10:41 PM
dont forget to soak your clutch plates in oil for a hour before you put them in!

350Xhilaration
06-15-2007, 09:44 AM
I'd recommend buying new OEM Honda springs if you don't want the harder pull.

I put new fibers in my X a couple years ago and got new Honda springs. Engages fine and pulls like original.

I've heard those heavy duty springs are really stiff to pull. Unless you have engine mods (quite a bit more power, not just a pipe and air filter), I would not advise going with the heavier springs, especially if you like the easy pull of the OEM.

hazard
06-15-2007, 01:34 PM
do they seriously pull that much harder than oem, i mean they cant be that much stiffer can they???

350Xhilaration
06-15-2007, 01:40 PM
Sorry, I can't help with 1st hand experience with that question. I've only heard of guys complaining about the stiffer pull after putting in "heavy duty" springs.

Bryan Raffa
06-16-2007, 12:04 AM
they do pull a little harder but your clutch hand get use to it real quick!
I run RTC easy pull levers so I cant tell the difference:naughty: