PDA

View Full Version : stolen bike

LaDano
05-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Who has had a trike stolen and was it ever recovered? They got mine last night, just bought it weds. They took it right over the side of the bed cause I backed up to my mustang. I'm pissed off the cops said unless they try to pawn it, I probably want get it back. But I found a 200 big red at a shop that has been left by owner(lack of funds) guy told $585 is what he has in it and will take that. Just rebuilt the motor, needs a battery, so I'm gonna probably get it. Better luck next time.

Billy Golightly
05-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Man that sucks, didn't even have your trike a week and it was stolen :evil: Good luck with the Big Red, their good machines.

350Xccelerator
05-05-2003, 03:12 PM
sorry to hear that, that really sux i would go crazy if one of my trikes was stolen. i keep my trikes in my back yard where their is no exits for my big bikes but my 70s could get in trouble.

nat350x
05-05-2003, 04:05 PM
sorry to hear the bad news. I had my 85 200x stolen about 4 years ago right out my yard within 10 feet of the house. my younger brother ended up finding it when someone at his school was talking about a new three wheeler they just got. I finally got it back about a month later after it sat in the police impound. I had to prove it was mine because I had no title or pictures of it, I came up with a two page report and about 20 receipts and testified in court how I knew it was mine. they trashed it by painting everything gold and primered the plastic, tore up the new exhaust and many other things. :evil: I learned my lesson on that and have many locks on my 350x and pictures and the vin #, because I dont have a title for it either. Just keeping your eyes and ears open, check with local shops and put the word out about it. Oh yeah btw the kid who stole mine had repeatedly asked me if I wanted to sell it. Hang in there and hopefully it will show up.

Wickedfinger
05-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Last year I had my '81 ATC70, some tools and an air-cooled R motor stolen right out of my shed - they ripped off the T&G siding on the old shack (circa 1900) near the rear of it but were only able to fit the little trike out it because the roof on an old addition (for firewood storage) was too low to steal anything else. I called the cops and they told me the same thing as when my '82 R was stollen 2 years earlier - we usually don't get these things back. I followed the little knobby tracks in the snow up and onto the canal behind my house and trailed them for a while. After a short distance they just stopped. I gave up and started to walk home. After a little bit something cought my eye off to the right. I spied a small patch of knobby leading into the scrub. As I looked up from the patch, I noticed a splash of red off in the distance halfway up the side of the old Yardley trestle - It was the 70. Someone left it there to pick up at a later time. I went over to it and upon closer inspection I saw the 70's gas tank, the '82R engine were missing and the tools were nowhere to be found. As I pushed the trike home and was about to turn it back down the berm and ito the backyard I saw where the Tank, R motor and probably the tools went. leading down into the icy water of the canal was a skidded up trail and about a foot under water I saw my red '82 R motor. I could only assume the tank and tools were farther under. I suspect they rest the motor and the just painted and not mounted tank on the seat and they tumbled off when they got onto the canal. As a result of this incident, in addition to shoring up the shed, I installed a 500watt mini sun halogen light on my porch aimed right at the shed and mounted a motion sensor light inside of the shed to go off if there is any movement inside of it. Oh well thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

loco250r
05-05-2003, 07:08 PM
:evil: Well I know it's not the guy who tried to get mine, he won't be trying to steal anything soon they are still trying to put him back together, a bat works wonders on a thief. He is lucky I was in a good mood.

LaDano
05-05-2003, 09:44 PM
In la we have the right to defend our property the way we see fit. 9mm & 12 gauge can you see where the cops are heading with this message, I'm just a small town shootem first ask later kind of guy, they're lucky. I'm not giving up looking for it and got all the dealers and shops keeping their eyes out looking cause it has to get fixed. I'll find out friday if the guy at one of the shops is gonna sell the big red. Oh it looks as if I'm gonna win a 200s front suspension on ebay, know the trike is gone.

kyle
05-05-2003, 11:21 PM
i also had a trike stollen a few years back. 200s mint. taken right out of my back yard. it was never recovered. :(

Andrew
05-06-2003, 05:04 AM
DEATH TO ATV THIEVES!

kyle
05-06-2003, 10:51 PM
amen to that andrew!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: