PDA

View Full Version : ? on Westcoast Swinger Skid Plate

BigRedRunner
06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm about ready to hit the finish line with my '85 250R restoration. I need a skid plate for the Westcoast swingarm on the bike. I was looking at the PRM plates but had a few questions. Does the Westcoast swingarm use the same mounting points for the skid plate as a stock 250R? Should I get the .190" or .250" plate? I like overkill, but the thinner plate saves two pounds. I don't plan on trashing the bike, but again, I like overkill, lol. :lol: Thanks

250rfan
06-12-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi,

Your swinger is +2 so if i remember rightly - NO the standard swingarm skid plate will not fit on your bike, i have a +2 also, and am sure i tried a standard stock and aftermarket plate against the mounting holes, and they would'nt line up.
You should try talking to x.system here on the boards, a great guy, he will point you in the right direction on a Swinger Skid Plate, Decals & Inserts if you need them for you westcoast.
I think you my have to buy an aftermarket and stretch it.
BTW, I like the look of your rear rims with OEM tires - very nice!

Gordon.

1DEADPRESIDENT
06-12-2007, 10:48 AM
My 200x had a WC +2 and yes the PRM skidplate worked for me. Have you tried a factory skid to see if the bolt holes line up?

BigRedRunner
06-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Hi,

Your swinger is +2 so if i remember rightly - NO the standard swingarm skid plate will not fit on your bike, i have a +2 also, and am sure i tried a standard stock and aftermarket plate against the mounting holes, and they would'nt line up.
You should try talking to x.system here on the boards, a great guy, he will point you in the right direction on a Swinger Skid Plate, Decals & Inserts if you need them for you westcoast.
I think you my have to buy an aftermarket and stretch it.
BTW, I like the look of your rear rims with OEM tires - very nice!

Gordon.

Well, I gave PRM a call and my mounting holes measure out the same as stock. I guess the only concern now is if the shock linkage will clear. I sent x.system an e-mail. I've had a few dealings with him. I'm the one who sent him my shock inserts so he could get the pattern to make the duplicates, :lol: I got a buttload of free stickers, cash for my shipping, and a warm, fuzzy feeling inside. LOL

BigRedRunner
06-12-2007, 10:38 PM
x.system says the stock PRM will fit just fine.

250rfan
06-13-2007, 03:35 AM
Jees, i'am sure i tried those skid plates up against mine, there must be another reason i never fitted it?, ah well i stand corrected!, sorry for the bum info.
Normally i would check before posting, but am overseas working at the moment so i was just going on memory. Anyway, your R's coming along nicely!!!!.

Cheers,
Gordon.