PDA

View Full Version : Honda 200ES (new toy, need help)

troy
06-07-2007, 11:00 PM
so i got my self a 84 200es as the tiltle says. This thing is FAR from mint, how ever with a few turns of the wrench(s) and a few light hits with the hammer every thing should (note the should here) be back into place. plus it came with extra EVERY THING!:p ...NOW (TADA) the problem: i'v spent three days trying to get this thing to idling by her self. i'v cleaned out the carb, change the carb not once but 4 times (got four of them with the deal) every one of them again cleaned out and still nothing. Also heres another thing when i put the bike into neutral and press the throttle the engine rev's up (of course) but when i let off the throttle the engine WILL NOT return to idling speed UNLESS i turn the kill switch to off and then flick it back to on fast then it will die down:rolleyes: . i'v done the idling screw thing up and down. and still nada. AND FOR THE GRAND FARNELLI when you do get it started (once every six months...lol:lol: ) if you touch the throttle at all EVEN think about it the thing dies leaving you pulling for ever. and well top end speed kinda sucks to if you hit it to the W.O.T it just dies to.

Well thats the end of this story.

Any ideas?

Thanks guys any help would be great at this point.

super90
06-07-2007, 11:33 PM
Well, its probably running too rich for the dying out at WOT. As for it staying reved up check the throttle cable to see if its sticking. Or lower the needle clip all the way and lean it it might help, that did it on mine.

troy
06-08-2007, 07:50 AM
Well, its probably running too rich for the dying out at WOT. As for it staying reved up check the throttle cable to see if its sticking. Or lower the needle clip all the way and lean it it might help, that did it on mine.

thanks i'll gived that a try...never thought of doing that....if that don't work i'll let you know