PDA

View Full Version : 86/87 200X Owners

ProCarbine2k1
06-06-2007, 10:13 PM
What kind of exhaust do you guys have on your trikes? What are you jetted at, and what elevation? I know Ill have to fine tune when I get it put back together, but I would like a ballpark that I should be within. A stock main I believe is 112 (I think) and I have a 123 ready for it with a #35 pilot. This is with a DG RCM header and slip-on, stock air filter with airbox and lid intact. Lets see what you guys are running, Im open for suggestions!

Dirtcrasher
06-07-2007, 06:27 PM
I don't have an exhaust on my 86 but I did a Cobra on the 85 200X.

I didn't buy a jet kit or go one step at a time, I just tried the following...

I raise the needle by dropping the clip one notch. I played with the airscrew a bit until it idled well and took off from a dead stop smooth. Inside I removed the 2 jets and found which drill size (1-60) fit well in the orifice. Then I used the next drill size up or about .002 thousandths larger and I drilled them out.

Then I rode it....

I could feel the bogging on the top, hard to describe but you'll feel it. I yanked the main and drilled it another size up and rode it. By the third time I felt it was spot on.

It is also a must to remove that airbox lid or put massive holes in it.

Anyone can add there 2 cents but that 200X ran like an SOB all through the gears. I sold to my best bud and he rides it every single day and that thing starts first kick hot or cold, never spudders and idles/runs perfect. It runs like a champ....

I did the same procedure on my 85 250SX when I built the motor and it also runs perfect.

super90
06-07-2007, 11:44 PM
Why didnt I think of drilling holes in my airbox yet?! I always did that on everything else. Im going to do that right now actually. Thanks for reminding me :Bounce