PDA

View Full Version : question about 85 tecate jetting

sabercatt
06-06-2007, 08:24 PM
Can anyone tell me what jets I should run on stock bore 85 kxt with dg pipe and answer silencer? Its a fresh motor - resleeve, new pistons, rings etc

thanks

tecat-z
06-06-2007, 08:59 PM
Tell us what kind of carb you have, and size, then we can get you pointed in the right direction. Welcome to the boards.

sabercatt
06-06-2007, 09:58 PM
thanks, glad to be here. I'll have to see what carb I'll be using in the morning as the quads at my shop. Will more than likely be the stock carb, but I will have to verify. I'm curious as to how much more fuel this setup will take than stock. I've got 3 or 4 complete trikes that I will be putting together as time allows. I haven't touched them in 8-9 years so Im quite a bit out of practice and I'm sure I'll have other questions. thanks

cr480r
06-07-2007, 03:44 AM
Airbox? Airbox lid? Reeds? Elevation? temperature? Jetting is application specific so good luck finding an exact answer... But these guys will get you going in the right direction... You will most likely need to purchase some jets to dial it in...

sabercatt
06-12-2007, 09:25 PM
haven't determined what carb yet. I still have to double check their sizes. I am pretty sure I have a stock '84 carb and a stock '85 carb but I need to verify. I will most likely be using the stock '85 carb. I am at 650' elevation, 70-90 degree temps, stock airbox / filter, dg pipe, answer silencer. heres some pics of what i'm workin on.

BigGreenMachine
06-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Stock carb, you will need to go up several sizes from stock on the main until the bike runs rough on top then work your way down to smaller sizes until it runs clean and crisp. Same for the pilot. Do some plug checks for the right brown/tan colour.

I've got to say your project looks great. What axle is that???

sabercatt
06-12-2007, 10:46 PM
its supposed to be a durablue. I think its a +4. I've had these trikes so long I've forgotten what most of the parts are. I just finished my 88 t4 and now I'm starting on my t-3's. I have 4 of them to do, but not sure if I have all the parts for each one. It's taking a lot longer to assemble this one than I had imagined. That dg pipe was a platinum but after sitting for 8 years was pretty rusty. A couple hours of sanding followed by and hr of swirling it with the roloc's, and 4 coats of hi-temp clear and it turned out nice. But it seems each part is just as much work. Oh well, it'll be nice in the end I suppose. couple of pics of my t4. The rims are painted with the left over paint from the 68 mustang, which was painted to match eleanor off gone in 60 sec. The pic turned out blurry for some reason but you'll get the idea.

sabercatt
06-17-2007, 09:59 PM
still trying to get this project finished. boating sure slows me down :). whats one of these worth when done?

BigGreenMachine
06-17-2007, 11:29 PM
Not nearly as much as you have into it in most cases I'm afraid.