PDA

View Full Version : New Reed Cage system maybe?

oldsking86
06-05-2007, 11:01 PM
Hey guys,

I have the V Force stage 2 system onmy R, I love em make a great differnce! The problem is that they are race made, so they don't last very well I heard and are rather expensive to purchase new ones. I wasnted to switch to something a bit better and would be cheaper on the reeds.

Hows the use of the CR250 systems? I'll be running my stock 34mm carb on it. I heard it's used because you can run the 38-39mm cards on the trx and atc.

Will it make just as good power as my Vforce?

SYKO
06-06-2007, 12:04 AM
I just use the stock reed cage, it fits my 39 just fine, I use plain ol' boysen reeds goes like hell!

oldsking86
06-06-2007, 01:19 AM
Sweet yea I'm thinking using my stock one if anything wth some boyseen and possibly take out that white plastic part.. Actually, didn't you try that alan on yours? Did it work at all?

cr480r
06-06-2007, 03:01 AM
The problem is that they are race made, so they don't last very well I heard...

I call BS on that... The set I had on my suzuki lasted me nearly two years of hard thrashing and they still run great on my buddys bike... Have you actually worn them out yet? I bet the cost of replacement petals is within 15$ of boyesens...

oldsking86
06-06-2007, 10:27 AM
I call BS on that... The set I had on my suzuki lasted me nearly two years of hard thrashing and they still run great on my buddys bike... Have you actually worn them out yet? I bet the cost of replacement petals is within 15$ of boyesens...

Actually no the v force are 70 bucks to replace while the boyesen are around 30 so there is a big price difference.. still I just dont need one chipping on me one day riding and damage the motor.. I was just looking for another alternative really

Billy Golightly
06-06-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm running Boyesen carbon fiber reeds in a stock cage on my flat tracker. The carbon fiber reeds, whether they are Boyesens or V-force are actually really reliable. I very very rarely hear of any chipping unless your running nitrous or something that is extremely cold and makes them brittle. I've got a set of v-force reeds in my 500 for over a year now and they still look like brand new. Course, it hasn't been ran a whole lot yet either :lol:

oldsking86
06-06-2007, 10:53 AM
haha yea I've been hearing, " well they are a race reed and tend to chip after a few hard races" and I'm like, umm I don't race haha just ride and ride hard sometimes :) I'm going to open it up this afternoon or this week and find out for myself how they have lasted, it's been a few months since I installed them so. Maybe they are still looking fresh and clean

Yamahondaman
06-06-2007, 11:37 AM
When i build ATC's i use the "88" CR Cage #14100-KS7-831 ... Some people would rather use the "97" for low end power .. ans YES ...THROW AWAY the Inside Plastic thing !! :naughty:

BigGreenMachine
06-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Definately calling BS on this. My Tecate's VforceII is still MINT after TWO seasons of HARD riding.

If you haven't worn them out then your just being paranoid from other peoples word of mouth..

oldsking86
06-06-2007, 03:36 PM
You know BGM I agree on that, paranoid is what I am being, I haven't even opened it up to see them yet. I think they should be fine because I don't ride my bike for long periods of time, and not like full throttle all the time either..

Yea I'm going to take that plastic crap out and give it shot Ronnie, see what a difference it makes. I'll have to systemes available if one fails while I'm riding one day

cr480r
06-07-2007, 03:09 AM
Actually no the v force are 70 bucks to replace while the boyesen are around 30 so there is a big price difference..

Dennis Kirk sells V2 replacement petals for $56.99... The Boyesen Carbon petals are $47.99... a $9.00 difference.... The super stock cheapo boyesen petals are $31.99... But who runs those? :lol: :lol: :lol: