PDA

View Full Version : Big red help on the front rack

BigRedBlair
06-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Well it took me taking the motor in and out 4 times to get the motor right on.

Now it ran so good I fliped it over and bent up the front rack.

Any tips on how to straighten out the front rack. The plastic is bent by should go back in the sun heat.

Close call. Had dark goggles on and didn't see the big bump. Was going way too fast. Dumb *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*

:beer

Yamada
06-04-2007, 05:09 PM
May be you could use a long piece a tubular steel to pry the rack straight???
My ytm-200 was a real pain to straighten. good luck.

atc4everbob
06-04-2007, 06:16 PM
Also, if you use a hammer or sledge hammer to straighten it, DON'T FORGET to detach the headlight and set it aside BEFORE you start pounding on it. Idiot me, I hit mine a couple of times with a sledge to straighten it and the next time I went riding, I noticed my headlight wasn't working. The impact broke both elements in the bulb. I had a 10 mile ride home in the dark. It was FUN!!!

erectordale
06-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I use a porta- power and blocks of wood to push or pull it back into shape. you could use a hydralic jack and some blocks under the bumper of your truck as well this way no heat will be needed

honda_atc200es
06-04-2007, 08:14 PM
just take off the whole front rack and work on it from there, im not firmiliar with 250 reds but for me its 10 min and a couple bolts, maybe even less.

then after thatu can do a whole mess of things like ading wieght to striaghten it or jus working it over with a rubber mallet

BigRedBlair
06-05-2007, 11:26 AM
Cool guys

I have the rack off now and wow is it bent up.
I left it with the nieghbour today he is going to heat it and give it a try.

I'll work on the ribs and leg.
lol