PDA

View Full Version : I have problems with my trike fouling out plugs

fourstroke
06-04-2007, 01:13 AM
I have a 110 honda 1984 thats running great but every time I take it off my truck or putt it back on it is hard to start, so Im allways changing the spark plug because it will start up on the first pull if I do. anyways my plugs are all black so I take it that its running rich any one know who to fix this??

bigreddaddy
06-04-2007, 01:39 AM
Adjust the air and pilot screws on your carb. There could be a lot of reasons why its running rich. Also check your air filter.

honda_atc200es
06-04-2007, 04:32 PM
i am also having the same problem with my trx200sx (quad) sorry to be a noob but what exactly are the air and pilot screws, and which direction leans it out thanks in a advanced

super90
06-04-2007, 04:51 PM
Air screw should be on the side of the carb with a spring going around it. If you need it leaner you can turn it out a few turns, then turn the pilot in a couple turns. The pilot on my 200x is near the bottom of the float. Not on the float but its vertical and attached to the bottom of the carb.

honda_atc200es
06-04-2007, 05:40 PM
oh ok, i just thought of those screws by different names, the one on the side i new of as the throttle stop screw and the bottom one i thought was called the air mixture screw, thanks for clearing that up

Erics350x
06-05-2007, 08:08 PM
oh ok, i just thought of those screws by different names, the one on the side i new of as the throttle stop screw and the bottom one i thought was called the air mixture screw, thanks for clearing that up

you are correct. the post above is wrong.

Beardoh
06-08-2007, 01:23 AM
I have a 110 honda 1984 thats running great but every time I take it off my truck or putt it back on it is hard to start, so Im allways changing the spark plug because it will start up on the first pull if I do. anyways my plugs are all black so I take it that its running rich any one know who to fix this??

It could possibly be you'er flooding the motor when you move it on or off your truck if your forgetting to turn the fule off before you move it.