PDA

View Full Version : Quick 250sx ignition question! Need help asap!!

Jamie R.
06-03-2007, 11:54 AM
I need some help with the ignition wiring. We had to remove the switch because we do not have a key. Its an 85 sx and has four wires black/black with white stripe/red/green. Can someone please tell me what the wires are for and which one's need to be put together to run. Trying to get it back together to run this afternoon.

Thanks Jamie

ATCnut
06-03-2007, 05:39 PM
OK.

You do not have to put any wires together to have it run. With the switch completly disconnected, the trike will start with the kicker, and the kill switch on the left handle bar cluster will kill the motor. You will have to be in neutral for it to start, the 250sx has a wierd interlock because of the electric starter.

for the quick fix.

Put a toggle switch (or even a jumper wire) between the Red and the Black wires ( I think they are bigger too). Connecting these two wires together will allow the electric starter to work, and the lights. Connecting the other two wires cause the motor to stop when the key is turned off. Leave them disconnected and use the kill switch.

If you do this, make sure the neutral light comes on. As I said above, this trike will not start without the neutral safety switch closed. This and the reverse light switch are under a little cover flap low down on the right hand side of the motor (kinda under the foot brake pedal). If these wires are broken you will get no joy.

ATCnut
06-03-2007, 11:18 PM
You get it going today??

jclark23
06-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Yep sure did! Sunk it in the river up to the top of the tank in a deeeeeeppp hole. Pulled it back to the trailor, and took it to the shop changed the oil and drained the carb. And is ready to go again except for a few small issues we have. Thanks for the help and sorry for the slow reply. Oh yea it was me that poasted under Jamies name because we were at his house.

Jason