PDA

View Full Version : Z project

TimSr
06-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Picked this 86 up today for $275.00. Ive already been working on a pieces to completion trail ride project, but this might speed things up a little. Top end is toast, among numerous other things, but Hopefully I have a top end thats not too bad so Ill have a trail rider for Trikefest. It was well worth the money just for parts. The guy also has a YT175 to get rid of. For $100 it was real tempting. Its whooped, but a lot of useful parts, buy I have all the parts I need for my YT175, just need time.

http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/86triza.jpg

http://home.neo.rr.com/timtim/86trizb.jpg

Dirtcrasher
06-02-2007, 04:53 PM
Great find! Looks to be complete and has lots of nice parts, sweeeet....

03 ORANGE SHEE
06-02-2007, 06:25 PM
very nice indeed for that price:beer

3leggeddog
06-02-2007, 10:52 PM
sweet,backbone here comes tim sr.!!!

Dammit!
06-03-2007, 02:53 AM
That's a great score for $275. Nice catch.

Are the rear fenders really red or just sprayed? I don't know why people always seem to spray paint Z's. I see more spray bombed Z's than any other trike. I just want to strangle those people. I bought some "spray on" paint remover from Ace hardware when I had to get all the spray paint off my Z. It worked great and didn't damage the plastic at all. It comes in a metal gallon container with a little plastic spray bottle velcro'd to the side.

Mosh
06-03-2007, 07:49 AM
Nice bargain find.If you end up with anything you dont want call me.Did you get that real local around here?

TimSr
06-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Its turns out its in a lot worse shape than it appears. Looks like somebody tried to remove the top end witha hammer, and destroyed the head and jug. The cylinder is .040" over, but they beat the bottom bolt ears down, and one is bowed downward about .010". The crank was full of water, but is actually in good shape. Looks like maybe a week or two. They probably pulled the top end off and left it outside. Anyway you lok at it, Ive got enough stuff to produce one or two TriZ's here. Just lacking top ends. Hopefully Jason can fix the one with the sleeve problem. The plastic is in nice shape other than its all been rattle canned, and the typical TriZ exhaust melt on the rears. Zip Strip works great on plastic.

I got this in Edison, OH. Missy from Sunset Ramblers contacted me when it showed up at her husband Duane's workplace. Duane knew I was the TriZ guy at Sunset Ramblers. They also have a Trimoto 175 if anybody is interested I can give you the details.

Jason Hall
06-03-2007, 12:23 PM
Tim, your cylinder Is done. I will send It out to ya on monday. You might have a bit more compression than before. If It ends up with to much, you can take a little out of the dome of another cylinder head & make It just right. Yamahondaman would probly fix ya up with a re-domed head.

TimSr
06-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Tim, your cylinder Is done. I will send It out to ya on monday. You might have a bit more compression than before. If It ends up with to much, you can take a little out of the dome of another cylinder head & make It just right. Yamahondaman would probly fix ya up with a re-domed head.

Wow, that is super Jason! I cant tell you how much I appreciate all you have done for me with this project. Ill be sure to pour in a little octane booster on that one. :lol: Im sure I can work around that if necessary. Ill need it for my Backbone climber, but Im still not going to flip over on my back just to get a plaque. :lol: If I do anything impressive, its will be strictly by accident!

3leggeddog
06-03-2007, 01:57 PM
. Ill need it for my Backbone climber, but Im still not going to flip over on my back just to get a plaque. :lol: If I do anything impressive, its will be strictly by accident![/QUOTE]

:welcome: :lol: :lol: :beer :banned: