PDA

View Full Version : 84, 200s- no fire in plug- help!

kingedie
05-31-2007, 10:22 PM
Honda 84 200S . Went riding last Friday night, got in about 4 am, got the wheeler stuck, burnt the hell out of my calf, (will send pics if anyone would like to see em ) got very drunk but made it back to the house, AFTER BEING TOWED HOME BY HONDA RANCHER.And , by the way, made it thru many mud holes that the Rancher couldnt go thru!!!!! Gotta luv that front wheel in the rut!!! ONly one problem. After getting the wheeler stuck, I couldnt get it to start, and I already had a new battery and a new plug in it. After getting it cleaned up and buying 3 more new plugs, just to be sure, I still cant get fire to the plug. What could be the prob? Someone told me the coil may have gotten submerged in the mud and may need some time to dry out. Ive only been riding this ATC for 2 years but have never had a problem other than a bad battery and plugs fouling. Im not sure if the coil or plug wire has ever been changed . Its an awesome ATC!!!!! I will be buying a Honda Rancher this fall for comfort purposes while hunting, but will keep my ATC FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!! Any advice would be appreciated. I dont want to get bent over, by taking it to a Honda shop for something I can troubleshoot and do myself!!!!!!!!! Any troubleshooting suggestions?????

Russell 350X
05-31-2007, 10:25 PM
You sure its a 200S? They dont have batterys. Anyways your coil could have gotten wet...let it sit for a while and see what happens. If that dont work, you may have ruined the coil and need a new one.

team-red-rider
05-31-2007, 10:25 PM
do u mean 200ES?

team-red-rider
05-31-2007, 10:27 PM
if its a 200ES check the wiring theyre known for bad connections and bad CDI's

kingedie
05-31-2007, 10:28 PM
I think its a 84 200s. How would I know for sure? It does have a battery though, no rear end shock. Red, white and ble stickers

Russell 350X
05-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Is it chain drivien? Does it have racks? If thats the case then its either a 200E Big Red or a 200M.

kingedie
05-31-2007, 10:42 PM
It has fron and rear racks, front light, rear light, NOT chain driven and it has a high, low and reverse, all at the bottom left of the foot peg and it DOWNSHIFTS

kingedie
05-31-2007, 10:46 PM
Honda 84 200S . Went riding last Friday night, got in about 4 am, got the wheeler stuck, burnt the hell out of my calf, (will send pics if anyone would like to see em ) got very drunk but made it back to the house, AFTER BEING TOWED HOME BY HONDA RANCHER.And , by the way, made it thru many mud holes that the Rancher couldnt go thru!!!!! Gotta luv that front wheel in the rut!!! ONly one problem. After getting the wheeler stuck, I couldnt get it to start, and I already had a new battery and a new plug in it. After getting it cleaned up and buying 3 more new plugs, just to be sure, I still cant get fire to the plug. What could be the prob? Someone told me the coil may have gotten submerged in the mud and may need some time to dry out. Ive only been riding this ATC for 2 years but have never had a problem other than a bad battery and plugs fouling. Im not sure if the coil or plug wire has ever been changed . Its an awesome ATC!!!!! I will be buying a Honda Rancher this fall for comfort purposes while hunting, but will keep my ATC FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!! Any advice would be appreciated. I dont want to get bent over, by taking it to a Honda shop for something I can troubleshoot and do myself!!!!!!!!! Any troubleshooting suggestions?????

team-red-rider
05-31-2007, 11:01 PM
its a 1984 Honda ATC 200ES Big-Red

bigreddaddy
05-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Get a manual and a VOM (meter) and go for it.