PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of different tires tested ..........

Huffa
05-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Thought it would be interesting to hear YOUR comments also, espeacially if you have a pair that they are testing. :beer

http://www.atvrideronline.com/tested/100_0503_mountain_sport_tire_test/index.html

MO dx
05-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Buy a pair of tires allready. ...Just kiddin

Huffa
05-30-2007, 09:49 PM
I'm narrowing it down :lol: :lol:

jeffatc250r
05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
I have holeshots on one of my trikes now for about 2 years and i love them, i also had a set of the older stock 400ex tires that also worked great until they met their fate with some barbed wire. I have a set of 450r tires on my other trike and hate them, i personally will only buy holeshots now, they seem to wear great, have just the right amount of sliding ability and grip quite well for me. i like the older style 400ex tires but they wore out kinda fast i thought.

Huffa
05-31-2007, 10:56 PM
Buy a pair of tires allready. ...Just kiddin

I bought some, finally !! :Bounce :Bounce (20X11X9's) 6 ply

Won some stock Honda OEM aluminum rims too!

Maxxis M943/M944 iRazr Radials

ATV rider test .......

"If too much traction could be a bad thing, then these tires would win the award for it. We found the iRazrs could hook up practically everywhere, requiring us to always be on the alert when punching the gas. In spots in which other tires would slip, the iRazrs would grab and loft the front wheels; these are incredibly sticky tires. The outstanding traction actually prevented the front tires from tracking as well as anticipated partially because of the light front end. These tires provide one of the smoothest rides in this bunch. Incredible traction just about everywhere did affect our ability to slide, which was important when negotiating some of the tighter mountain trails. Make no mistake: These are excellent woods tires—you just need to get used to them. The iRazr has a much lower profile than other Razr models, which did slide considerably better, by the way. "

SYKO
05-31-2007, 11:12 PM
I bought some, finally !! :Bounce :Bounce (20X11X9's) 6 ply

Won some stock Honda OEM aluminum rims too!

Maxxis M943/M944 iRazr Radials

"

thankyou there is a god....

Huffa
05-31-2007, 11:15 PM
thankyou there is a god....

Handlebars are next .......... :lol: :lol:

McDerry
05-31-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm running a set of GBC Dirt Devils on the 200s, and find many of the downfalls to be similar to what was stated in the article. There definitely heavy and carry a great amount of inertia with them. The major issue with the inertia build up isnt really the weight but the weight distribution of the tire. If more weight was closer to the bead then being out there at the edge it would definitely accelerate and brake better(less rotational torque), I could also see them benefit from being a little heavier of a tire as I've found that they don't have a paddle effect like other tires I've run in the past and would work better touching bottom in the water. On the rocky trails, they have plenty of traction, but they have a mind of there own as of to where they plan to go. I found that they also dont climb over alot of dead fall as easy as a good set of balloon knobbies will. What I do enjoy, is that alot of the trails around here are wet most of the time, and they have a awesome bite in the softer terrain. Before with knobbies and some woolies I was finding it hard going up wet hills with roots and ruts and such all exposed on the way up. The GBC's make short work of such slippery climbs, and will even make short work of a runoff creek bed with the big sidelugs to power them over the random rocks. In the deep slop these things are a god send, I can cruise right through stuff machines with twice the engine and on equivalent mud tires(bear claws, mud sharks) are having dificulty. They clean very easily with very little wheelspin.