PDA

View Full Version : Opinions of fast trekkers?

dizasterzrfun69
05-27-2007, 04:36 PM
hey guys, i bought some fast trekkers for my 85 R project but i havent used them yet so i dont know how good of a tire they are. We are looking for some tires for my girlfriends 400ex and are considering some fast trekkers but want some opinions. I would try mine on her 400ex but the front end of her quad is apart waiting on parts. Does anyone have anything bad to say about the fast trekkers? She loves doing donuts and playing in the mud, but she doesnt want GOOD traction in the mudd like a normal person would, she likes spinning the tires and just having enough traction to get out of the hole :rolleyes: Think these tires would be good for her? bad for her? let me know

super90
05-27-2007, 04:47 PM
There a great tire. They will do good pretty much anywhere and do decent in mud. But like any 2x4 machine, no matter what tire you have you still will spin. I had GBC gators on a blaster many years ago and it did good in mud, but it still spun alot compared to a 4x4. I think you would like the trekkers.

dizasterzrfun69
05-27-2007, 04:56 PM
I think thats what we will get unless someone says they are horrible in the mudd and wont do donuts :lol: I just want some opinions before i buy them

Huffa
05-27-2007, 05:50 PM
Here is a bit of info ...........

I'd say they are one of the best deals around, not bad at all buddy!

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=67664&highlight=fast+trekkers

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=64482&highlight=fast+trekkers

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/showthread.php?t=61425&highlight=fast+trekkers

TimSr
05-27-2007, 06:32 PM
My personal opinion, they are not a trail tire. I had some on the Z when I first got it. Good for track, but would be far down on the list for a trail tire. Rounded profile tires always work better in muddy and woods conditions, and since tipping help is not near as much an issue on a quad, I wouldnt run them unless she plans on doing a lot of track powersliding. Most of the stock tires make great trail tires. I love the stock Warrior tires, especially on a quad. The best quad mudder Ive ever seen is the Maxi All Trax, and the Sure Trax. The All Trax provides better sideways traction. Everybody has their opinion, but Ive got the First Place New London Mud Bog Championship Trophy for 300cc 2WD drive class to back up my claim. I was undefeated in a 5 event series on my 86 TRX250R with All Trax. Ill also add that they are 2 ply, light, but so thick they are almost puncture proof, stick out far enough to protect the rims in rocky conditions, they last for years, and are soft enough for a smooth ride. The only negative is they are too much tire for a smaller size machine like Blaster or 200X. Theyd be great on a 400EX, and definately go with the 22" on your quad.

madmanwithmouse
05-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Ive never used fast trekkers myself, but they look like they'ed do fairly well. I do like sur traks tho and agree with TimSr, but when I want to play in the goooey stuff I pull out the 6.00-12 AG tires, dam near impossable to get stuck, short of losing your atv. New London aye, I won last years 2wd 500cc class at pike county.

SYKO
05-27-2007, 08:32 PM
I love them! got them on 3 of my machines! and a few buddies also have them as well!

super90
05-27-2007, 09:29 PM
22'' surtraks or any 22 for that matter is definatly not too much for a blaster or 200x? I used to have AMS swamp foxs on a blaster, and recently had 22x11x9 surtraks on my 200x. They are a great tire but not for jumping or anything. With stock gearing it would have plenty of power to go anywhere.