PDA

View Full Version : yamaha tri zinger help

dovesprings250R
05-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Hey guys. On the yamaha yt 60 tri zinger can you run the plastic oil can empty and just mix the gas with pre mix in the tank? Is this trike oil injected? the plastic tank says motor oil on it but I am wondering if that is the oil injection tank. I see a pump of some sort that looks like it goes to the carb so i am afraid to just disconnect it for fear of dirt sucking in. Have any of you worked on one of these or know what I am talking about? Thanks for any help.

TimSr
05-24-2007, 04:17 PM
The plastic tank is for 2 cycle oil. It is injected into the carb via a small tube. If you wish to premix, clip off the tube at the carb , but leave enough hose to be able to plug it, as well as plugging the other end of the hose going to the oil pump. Gas oil mix depends on oil being used. Typically general purpose 2 cycle oil is 20-25:1, Name brand non-synthetics such as Yamalube 32:1, and Hi performance motorcycle/ATV racing oils 40-50:1. Or you can search gas/oil mix on the forums and get a few thousand different oppinions, recomendations and combinations.

Jason Hall
05-24-2007, 04:22 PM
Yes they are oil Injected. I have a zinger that I drained & removed the oil tank. I blocked off the carb fitting with a vacume cap. Mine has been to trikefest 05 & 06 without removing the pump. My boy rides It quite often & does'nt take It easy on It. Nothing bad has happened yet. If you do take the oil Injection off & mix your gas In the tank, you can take the Injector cable off also. That makes the throttle much easier to push.

dovesprings250R
05-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Thanks guys. Would there be any danger in the time being if I mix the gas myself and drain the tank but leave it on? Or do I need to remove it and plug it?

TimSr
05-24-2007, 05:17 PM
It doesnt matter if you remove the tank, and you dont even need to plug it, so long as you plug the oil line to the carb. You dont want the carb sucking air.

dovesprings250R
05-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Ok. Air to the carb. Makes sense. Thanks very much.

trimaster84
04-14-2011, 07:39 PM
hey guys, i have a 84 tri zinger and i cant seem to get it running ive tried everything with no luck.....i got compresion, gas, and spark......choke on and off...still nothing any ideas????????