PDA

View Full Version : 125 Yamaha questions.

Brockey
05-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Its an 81, seems it has 5 gears, is this correct? There is a tube that runs from the bottom of motor behind the oil dipstick location to the carb, it was off on mine. What is its purpose. Also there is in front and above the oil fill is a metal tube which is broke off on mine. Unknown? MY carb is totally fooled up and I cant find a manual nowhere. Also my wiring for my headlight which I dont have is all cut up. Anyone know the colors for the light. I have no switch? Besides it not running right I have to hold out the choke while riding, I had a run earlier and had a blast. Someone please help. Needs to look at carb, needs a light and needs to find out all these dead ends. Also above the oil fill is two hoses about 4 inches long running out of the motor and they are capped off with bolts???

Vealmonkey
05-24-2007, 08:24 AM
I have an 80 yt125. Also I have a factory manual. I'm at work and house sitting for a friend but I'll help all I can. You can still get the light bulb socket and the light lens assembly and the bulb and the little metal holders from yamaha. I just picked mine up last week. You can find the light body and the chrome surround on ebay, nos pretty cheap. I managed to find an nos front fender, carb and front rack on ebay.
The line your referring to could be the oil injection line from the oil injector to the carb. If you have a digital camera get a picture and post here after reducing it in size for all us poor dial up members. Also your trike originally had an oil tank for the 2-stroke oil and a sensor to let you know the 2-stroke oil level is low with an indicator light that is located on the top rear of the headlight body. I should be home Saturday evening to be able to help you with anymore questions and I could possibly get some pictures of the headlight part I have at the house like the headlight bulb socket. If you don't mind the wait, I'll try and help you however I can. My yt125 has no switch for the headlight either, I don't think they ever had a headlight on and off switch. I believe the headlight and tail light just came on when the engine was started. I have an owners manual coming in the mail so I'll no more soon and will be happy to share any info. Hope this helps.

Brockey
05-24-2007, 07:00 PM
Yes it helps. I'll get a pic later of the old dear. Any info would be greatly appreciated. When you gets the chance let me know.