PDA

View Full Version : which pipe, axle? 200x question

riverrat
05-19-2007, 02:46 PM
I just got a 84 200x. It needs an exhaust, I was looking for recommendations, and places to buy.
Also needs a rear axle. Should I get a stock one, or aftermarket, what can I expect to spend, where is the cheapest place to buy?

I've been looking on ebay.

Just ordered new plastic for it, will post pictures when I am done, thanks
Anthony

badasskfx
05-20-2007, 07:41 AM
i would look for a stock exhaust. keep the sound down. i have an axle for a 2oox if you still need one. my buddy has a dg on his 200x and it sound good.

edog
05-20-2007, 09:10 AM
pm sent.....

3Wheelers4Life
05-20-2007, 03:10 PM
... It needs an exhaust, I was looking for recommendations, and places to buy.
Also needs a rear axle. Should I get a stock one, or aftermarket, what can I expect to spend, where is the cheapest place to buy?...

:welcome: it all depends on where your riding and what you want, if your riding up and down your public street, in the city, with neighbors that hate noise, and cops all around, you would want a stock, quiet exhaust.
if your riding in the middle of nowhere, want more power and like hearing the engine, you want a aftermarket exhaust. you can expect to spend about $100+ for a used or new aftermarket exhaust. the cheapest place to buy is probably ebay or www.denniskirk.com (http://www.denniskirk.com)

digity x
05-20-2007, 05:59 PM
dg rcm works great nice blat to it,mine sounds sweet who cares about the noise''

Levithan
05-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Or you could get a supertrapp, If you can find one =P

riverrat
05-21-2007, 09:12 AM
I wish, I could find a supertrapp, then I could adjust the noise.

There are times I want to be quiet, and then times when it doesn't matter.

Thanks for all the advice guys.
Anthony

riverrat
06-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Or you could get a supertrapp, If you can find one =P

I got me a supertrapp, in great shape too, with extra discs for tuning :)
:naughty:
Just installed it today, and gave it a run. Felt great to me, but I am no expert.
going to have to jet it probably.

I got almost everything working mechanically, just waiting on the new improved kick starter from ebay.

Then I am going to tear down and paint frame, motor, and tank.
I will post pictures.