PDA

View Full Version : Hyperparts fenders?

Jim mac
05-18-2007, 12:26 AM
just looked up a fender for my 200X it says 2-4 weeks to ship. but it doesnt say weather its a original fender or a maier piece. Id like to go with original, if its still available. The one i have on it has a crack in it. I email them but thought I'd ask here. thanks JIm

Jim mac
05-18-2007, 03:59 PM
they emailed back, its maier fenders. So on a crack about 3 inches long. is it better to leave it alone. or try to do some sort of repair. its the original fender on my 200X. or just save it as is. and put a maier fender on it to play with? jim

ATCWRENCH
05-18-2007, 05:07 PM
Originals are nice to have but are not necessary for a rider. Get a set of maiers and pull th OEM's and stash them.

I know in my area we have a company called corrosion proof fittings and they can weld plastic of about any color, they do a really good job as well. You might try looking up a place your area that deals with pipe fittings, plastic or metal. Ace hardware, waters true value, fastenal, etc will not help you, the place I'm talking bout is a hole in the wall, it is here anyway, it might be the same in your area.

filipinoredneck
05-18-2007, 09:14 PM
I bought the airless welder from www.eurethanesupply.com and i like it. The front of my front fender on my 85 250R was almost falling off. The crack was right accross in front of the bolts, but I was able to fix it. After fixing it, I was slapping up and down very hard on the fender and it is solid. I didn't even use the wire mesh. I got the 80 watt pro model. Look it up. I am very satisfied with the results.:beer

Erics350x
05-19-2007, 10:40 AM
since you OEM fenders are cracked they're worthless. so you might as well repair em and ride the crap out of it.

rally4x4racer
05-19-2007, 11:38 AM
I agree with Eric -after the OEM's are cracked up they are worthless.

I think you can still find OEM fenders once in a while - but aren't the maiers more flexible?

chris200x
05-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Be sure to drill a small hole at the end of the crack so it doesn't spread. I've used zip ties or 30lb fishing line to stitch fenders already. it don't look too bad.

I wouldn't call them worthless though... :rolleyes: better than having nothing at all i suppose.

Jim mac
05-19-2007, 09:38 PM
Its really a shame, the crack is only about 4 inches long. Does having original fenders make if worth more? or is it just easier to sell? Of the two trikes I got, one of them the seats not ripped or the plastic isnt cracked. I swore these were going to be keepers, but just got back from a car show, and those edlebrock aluminum cylinder heads just keep calling me. Jim

Dammit!
05-19-2007, 09:56 PM
Its really a shame, the crack is only about 4 inches long. Does having original fenders make if worth more? or is it just easier to sell? Of the two trikes I got, one of them the seats not ripped or the plastic isnt cracked. I swore these were going to be keepers, but just got back from a car show, and those edlebrock aluminum cylinder heads just keep calling me. Jim

Original fenders aren't worth any money if they're cracked but you can still fix and use them. Just drill a small hole at the end of the crack and then use the stitch method or a plastic welder.

From a selling standpoint, new Maiers would be better than cracked OEM's if you're looking to get as much as possible for the machine.