PDA

View Full Version : Carlisle Trail Pro Tires ???

Huffa
05-17-2007, 06:49 AM
I did a search and didn't find much and thought I read that those who had these thought they were worthless but I could be wrong.

Anyone had/have them that has comments on them?

Erics350x
05-17-2007, 07:23 AM
IMO the are great for the price.

Bryan Raffa
05-17-2007, 07:26 AM
IMO the are great for the price.

Yes but big and HEAVY

Tri-ZNate
05-17-2007, 08:22 AM
Yeah there great if you want to slide on wet grass. Basically when you get in mud, they clot up bad and turn into a mud ball. Other than that they are a great tire

chris200x
05-17-2007, 08:36 AM
I thought those are the tires that everyone makes fun of all the time? :D In all seriousness I don't think they'll bee too good for the 300R if that's what your looking to put them on.

rally4x4racer
05-17-2007, 08:39 AM
they are great in the rocky trails and river beds.

Billy Bob
05-17-2007, 08:58 AM
I have a set on my big red, they suck in mud. Everything else is they seem to work great though.

oldskool83
05-17-2007, 09:37 AM
they are heavy. other thing if you look they say BOOB on them....hehe

mark38090
05-17-2007, 09:52 AM
ditto everyone else... they don't clean well in the mud and they are heavy, but for trails and woods they are good and available at Walmart. 25x12x9 $53.00

RedRider_AK
05-17-2007, 04:05 PM
They're real stiff and don't get very good "traction" traction (the kind you get from soft tires), but if you use them on a little machine you'll float just about anywhere LOL.

BigGreenMachine
05-17-2007, 04:23 PM
I had them on my Tecate for a while. Alright for the price. Still have the three of them kicking around.

1upfront
05-17-2007, 04:33 PM
I had them once on a yfm200 moto4 plain old knobs are much more absorbent
of bumps, I am not a fan of them thats for sure.

Dammit!
05-17-2007, 04:36 PM
I hate those tires. Rough ride, heavy, not forgiving in the corners, they just flat out suck in my opinion.

Louis Mielke
05-17-2007, 05:16 PM
Ditto. They're bland. Fine for woods and grass but terrible in the mud and super heavy. Now if you could remove every other row of lugs...hmmmm....

trikes4life
05-17-2007, 05:21 PM
creek beds and trails they are great, they suck in mud have them on 3 of my bikes. cheap and last for ever.

ScottZJ
05-17-2007, 05:25 PM
I would have to say those tires are about "as worthless as tits on a bore hog!", (as my redneck friend would say!) HAHA:lol:
They are stupid heavy, lugs too close together for traction in wet terrain and for the price you can find other tires that are 4 times better.

Huffa
05-17-2007, 05:51 PM
Thanks all, that is what about I expected to hear and I never liked them either from a looks wise point of view, very stupid, weird tread design if ya ask me.

They are brand new and on gold 250 R wheels, which is what (THE WHEELS) I'm really after.

I'm trying to get the guy to take the tires off and just sell me the wheels.

If not, I'll just keep on looking.

:wondering Why he mounted them on his R wheels is beyond me ?

cr480r
05-17-2007, 06:32 PM
I completely agree with ScottZJ... I had these on my tecate when I bought it... 22-11-10.... Pure *Edited**Edited**Edited**Edited*... They are an easy way to de-tune your bike... Mine were almost brand new and they did horrrible on anything besides rocks... They are probably durable though... they outa be be for as much as they weigh...

Levithan
05-17-2007, 06:49 PM
They are too hard and dont mold to the dirt roads or trails that I have ridden on. My uncle has a pair of those, and they're absolute crap. You should just go for some Ohtsus instead.

Billy Golightly
05-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Carlisle TRAIL PRO Facts!

Available at your local Walmart super center for a price so cheap that the idiot who bought them will replace even a brand new pair of holeshots with them.

Commonly refered to by the idiot purchaser as the most bad ass tire ever barring wooly boogers.

They have almost zero traction on every surface known to man, minus something like pine tar.

The tread pattern is so embarrassingly stupid it makes even Richard Simmons cringe at the sight of them.

The weight of the tire itself is indistinguishable from the iron wheels commonly found on tractors from the late 1800's.

The rubber is of such a hard compound they have been known to actually bend nails over before puncturing. In fact, Chuck Norris round house kicked a Trail Pro one time and was rewarded with a broken foot.

Bryan Raffa
05-17-2007, 07:33 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yamada
05-17-2007, 07:35 PM
A few years ago I picked wheel ( from a john deere gator maybe) with this tire on. You wrote in this thread what I first thought.

Huffa
05-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Carlisle TRAIL PRO Facts!

Available at your local Walmart super center for a price so cheap that the idiot who bought them will replace even a brand new pair of holeshots with them.

Commonly refered to by the idiot purchaser as the most bad ass tire ever barring wooly boogers.

They have almost zero traction on every surface known to man, minus something like pine tar.

The tread pattern is so embarrassingly stupid it makes even Richard Simmons cringe at the sight of them.

The weight of the tire itself is indistinguishable from the iron wheels commonly found on tractors from the late 1800's.

The rubber is of such a hard compound they have been known to actually bend nails over before puncturing. In fact, Chuck Norris round house kicked a Trail Pro one time and was rewarded with a broken foot.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ...........that's some funny stuff there and I gather you definitly don't like them!

Anyone else have some nice comments to say ? :lol:

I'm so glad I didn't buy them for the sake of the wheels and then try to resell them. From all the negatives you would be :banned: on here if you tried to sell them now!

BTW..........I just received close up shots of the wheels, they turned out to be crap too !

Huffa
05-17-2007, 07:42 PM
I thought those are the tires that everyone makes fun of all the time? :D

You were right! :D

Yamada
05-17-2007, 07:45 PM
:pics: :pics:
:crazy:

BigGreenMachine
05-17-2007, 07:51 PM
LOL Mine will never see the light of day again, cept maybe bonfire night.

Huffa
05-17-2007, 08:14 PM
:pics: :pics:
:crazy:

That's where it should be, OFF the machine! :D

Tri-ZNate
05-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Ha Ha that is AWESOME Billy :lol:

Yamada
05-17-2007, 08:29 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:beer
And I don t know what to do with it.
:idea: give it to you huffa????

Huffa
05-17-2007, 08:38 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:beer
And I don t know what to do with it.
:idea: give it to you huffa????

Donate it to TF as a raffle prize. Some prize, huh? :lol:

I'll bet you couldn't give it away now!

cr480r
05-17-2007, 08:51 PM
I can only picture 2 uses for these tires... 1. Underneath a brushpile I am about to burn... 2. possibly experiment with cutting some of the knobs out for better traction on a "utility" type machine...

Yamada
05-17-2007, 08:52 PM
It would be cheaper to ship a stone across the canada and the us!!! If they last so long, may be i will dismount it and make a burn-out. I will time it to see how long it last. :lol:

chris200x
05-17-2007, 09:11 PM
lol.. I knew it won't take too long for this one to spiral outta control. :lol: The only tire worse than these (IMO) are those "other" walmart tires.. what are they called turf busters or something lke that? I bought a warrior a few years back that had 25" whateverinthehellyoucallem walmart tires on. :eek: :crazy: Needless to say i cut those off within the first hour of having the quad home. :D

TimSr
05-17-2007, 10:10 PM
I agree with every negative comment posted. Probably the one of the worst tires ever made, but common because they are carried at budget retailers. Hard as rock, no air needed, poor traction on everything, weigh a ton, and the only negative comment I havent yet seen posted, is thay they are extremely prone to dry rotting and cracking, and have a short lifespan in that respect. I once sold a set on ebay, and couldnt bring myself to do it without mentioning in my ad what a poor tire they are. To top it off, I would only disagree about them being very inexpesive. For the same price you can get a decent tire.

rally4x4racer
05-17-2007, 11:43 PM
what are the turf busters? are those the same as the turf tamers?

I like the turf tamers ....

but then again - I dont care if some one sees my @$$ on some trail pros or trail wolfs either.... I run into the trail tires all the time when picking up old junk - seems like the tires out last the machine.

Greiver430x
05-17-2007, 11:55 PM
I have carlisle trail wolfs on the front of my quad now ive only ridden it a bit since they seem pretty decent

chris200x
05-18-2007, 02:45 AM
what are the turf busters? are those the same as the turf tamers?

I like the turf tamers ....

but then again - I dont care if some one sees my @$$ on some trail pros or trail wolfs either.... I run into the trail tires all the time when picking up old junk - seems like the tires out last the machine.

Nope.. nothing loke turf tamers. look:

http://www.stopandgotires.com/model.asp?model=Turf%20Buster

atctim
05-18-2007, 08:27 AM
Turf Buster and trail pros are the same. I agree with what everyone has said as well. Bar none - the worst ATV tire ever made. I'm not sure about what kind of hallucinogenic drug the tire designer was on when he dreamed up that tread pattern, but with all the arrows and weird designs - it looks like something you could use for a base when building with legos.

I do however like the idea of cutting every other row out, or maybe do away with just the arrows, and leave the square knobs.

Also - no one has mentioned how piss poor they do in the snow!

mark38090
05-18-2007, 09:09 AM
"Also - no one has mentioned how piss poor they do in the snow!"

I'll try em in the snow next time we get some in Fla and let you know...

rally4x4racer
05-18-2007, 09:17 AM
how do you remove the lugs? with a grinder? I am thinking about trying it...

Yea - those dont look like tamers, Chris.

I still think cheng shin has some of the worst tires out there.

Tri-ZNate
05-18-2007, 10:51 AM
how do you remove the lugs? with a grinder? I am thinking about trying it....

Or just a stanly knife. Thats how brapp lightened his tires at TF '06. guys at tractor pulls form their tire tread with a chain saw ;)

TimSr
05-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Or just a stanly knife. Thats how brapp lightened his tires at TF '06. guys at tractor pulls form their tire tread with a chain saw ;)

Yeah, I want to see somebody cut knobs off Trail Pros with a Stanley knife!

cr480r
05-18-2007, 05:59 PM
how do you remove the lugs? with a grinder? I am thinking about trying it...

I have had good results usung a pair of pliars and a razor blad to cut out a majority of the knob... then I use my angle grinder with a wire wheel (a small diameter thread on type, not flat) to remove the remaining knob... when finished you cant even tell the thread was ever there... the wire wheel leaves behind a nice smooth buffed surface and removes rubber very well..

cr480r
05-18-2007, 06:01 PM
Yeah, I want to see somebody cut knobs off Trail Pros with a Stanley knife!

I agree... cutting the trail pros may pose some interesting challenges...lol

Tri-ZNate
05-18-2007, 06:15 PM
I'll let ya know how it goes, I have a set here I'll do this weekend :lol: :rolleyes:

Orangecnty250r
05-18-2007, 06:27 PM
One man's trash is another man's treasure.:D

Ya see I had to search for a pair of NOS trail pros for my tiger 500 because they came on it direct from the tiger factory and I want my restoration to be identical to the TIGER 500 in the magazine down to EVERY detail.:TrikesOwn I had a hard time finding these trail pros and took the search as serious as looking for an ohtsu or discontinued dunlop.

Before everyone starts marching with torches chanting "they're available"!!! "go to walmart" !!! the tiger 500 had 10 inch rear wheels and 10 inch CARLISLE trail pros. They only make them in 8 and 9 inch now:( . The vintage magazines are peppered with ads for the 10 inch tires. The available smaller tires would not work for me visually because with all that tire and no rim they look like a huge black meatball with a quarter in it. That would not do my spot on restoration justice..... thats how picky I am. Well I found a pair of NOS 10 inch trail pros and am thrilled!!!!!

Here are the trail pros on my original tiger wheels.

Also the new carlisle trail pros are manufactured differently than the old ones. The new ones have 1 inch long thick round tenticles for nipples and they look like a bad science project. The older ones have the more normal size nipples/mold marks like the ohtsus to show they are new.

Never thought in a million years I would be searching hard for CARLISLE trail pros but I did!!! :crazy:

cr480r
05-18-2007, 07:53 PM
All that weight mush have helped "tame" them big "tigers" lol...

jason85atc250r
05-19-2007, 12:52 AM
they dont do that bad on something little like a atc 110. anything with power they suck since they are hard and don;t hook up

TimSr
05-19-2007, 08:14 AM
they dont do that bad on something little like a atc 110. anything with power they suck since they are hard and don;t hook up

There is just somthing about riding a hard tail with a tire that flexes like a brick that is totally unappealing to me.

jason85atc250r
05-19-2007, 09:21 PM
yeah they are stiff but since they are rock hard you can actually get some sliding in the corners

rally4x4racer
05-19-2007, 11:33 PM
I got to looking at my trail pros this afternoon and noticed they were not trail pros!! turns out I only have one pair of trailpros that are on the tri moto 175 I just got ----- all the other tires that I thought were trail pros are actually duro? buckshot mudders

what the heck is that? another walmart tire? - can't wait to hear how the knob choppin goes

70ATC90
05-19-2007, 11:38 PM
I studded a garbage pair of them that I had last winter. Pulled my ice shack across the lake with no slippage.

Chevy200s
05-20-2007, 01:04 AM
:lol:

this is funny reading this, I never knew that these tires were so hated by you guys. Its also really funny because the last 3 trikes I have bought or gotten for free have all happened to come with these tires on them, haha strange coincidence I guess? that just seems to be how things go for me though. I really dont mind them at all, sure they clog up with mud and snow, but they dont seem to do it any quicker than the stock tires that came on the atcs. I've never had any problems with them, then again I'm not trying to do MX on a 125m, drag race my 200s, or go through 3 foot mud holes on a klt 110, haha just ridin around the farm they do great

70ATC90
05-20-2007, 01:21 AM
How do you guys think they compare to Nankangs? another low end tire. Does anyone notice that they closely resemble turf tamers?

El'Capitan
05-20-2007, 01:35 AM
i dont know what kind of turf tamers your talking about m8 but they look totally different...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/rtscaptain/untitled.jpg

70ATC90
05-21-2007, 01:47 AM
i dont know what kind of turf tamers your talking about m8 but they look totally different...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/rtscaptain/untitled.jpg

Definatley a different shape, but the knobs are the same.

rally4x4racer
05-21-2007, 02:17 AM
I stand by the turf tamers - its one of the best all-around tires you can get

LonesomeTriZ
05-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Why is it almost every trike I have found behind a barn or other neglected area has those damn tires on them? i have a few machines that came with them when I got it. As lond as they are on a four stroke ute, I'll leave them there. There is no sense in spending money on other tires if these have so much life still on them. The bad thing about that is they never wear out.

SYKO
05-21-2007, 08:19 AM
see....I told you man!!!

Tri-ZNate
05-21-2007, 12:20 PM
How do you guys think they compare to Nankangs? another low end tire. Does anyone notice that they closely resemble turf tamers?

Yep and I love Nankangs. Awesome tire even on an SX; as long as you kept them cleaned out they were excellent in mud

hondaatcvabeach
05-21-2007, 03:45 PM
Yup, They clot up in the mud and do not clean very well. But that is what I get for buying an ATC tire from Wal-Mart.

LonesomeTriZ
05-21-2007, 09:48 PM
I have not seen any one point out an important fact about Trail Pros. They are not really intended to be Trike/sport quad/light ATV tires. Thay are made for euipment.

madmanwithmouse
05-21-2007, 10:03 PM
ive got a set of mudbusters that wouldn't clean, intill i sawzalled off the little square nobs inbetween the main lugs.

Huffa
05-21-2007, 10:05 PM
I have not seen any one point out an important fact about Trail Pros. They are not really intended to be Trike/sport quad/light ATV tires. Thay are made for euipment.

Equipment ? What kind?

These "junk" tires are getting more attention (posts) then good ones!! :lol:

dizasterzrfun69
05-21-2007, 10:11 PM
There is no sense in spending money on other tires if these have so much life still on them. The bad thing about that is they never wear out.

good point. Have you EVER seen a bald set of these trail pro's? I dont think i have :lol: They should use that kind of rubber on car tires lol

Billy Golightly
05-21-2007, 10:13 PM
CARLISLE TRAIL PRO FACT #234523451234:

The rubber compound is so hard, and the tire is so heavy that if you even roll it across the driveway by hand a series of arrow and odd shaped indentations will be left in the concrete just like it was wet...but its not.

Huffa
05-21-2007, 10:23 PM
CARLISLE TRAIL PRO FACT # 783-104 -BV2

If you really hate them, clean them spotless and use them to roll in cookie doe at xmas time, sprinkle favorite garnish on and either eat them or have cool trail pro ornaments to hang on tree.

Billy Golightly
05-21-2007, 10:27 PM
CARLISLE TRAIL PRO FACT #6345636:

If the Berlin wall had been built out of Trail Pros, it'd still be standing today.

70ATC90
05-21-2007, 10:40 PM

See this is what I'm talking about. Different shape but veeerrryyy similar.

SYKO
05-21-2007, 10:49 PM
I cant beleive that this thread has gotton so big over these super wicked tires that everyone should have on all there machines

Louis Mielke
05-21-2007, 10:52 PM
i'd rather run baloney skins on my rims!

cr480r
05-22-2007, 04:48 AM
Equipment ? What kind?

Pro Trail Equipment....duh...

LonesomeTriZ
05-22-2007, 06:24 AM
Small equipemnt like Gators, some lawn euipment and so on. The county back home used them becuase they never wore out. I knew one of the guys that handled the prison work crews. He and I were joking about them one day and he said for all thier faults on a quad, they work damn well on their equipment.

Yamada
05-22-2007, 08:13 AM
good point. Have you EVER seen a bald set of these trail pro's? I dont think i have :lol: They should use that kind of rubber on car tires lol

Unfortunately,they would have a tendancy to break the asphalt in the curbs :rolleyes: :crazy:. I think that carlisle should offer a extended warranty on the trail pro. They would have made a lot of money. « Free replacement if you return a bald trail pro»

70ATC90
05-22-2007, 12:48 PM
Unfortunately,they would have a tendancy to break the asphalt in the curbs :rolleyes: :crazy:. I think that carlisle should offer a extended warranty on the trail pro. They would have made a lot of money. « Free replacement if you return a bald trail pro»

Haha, very good idea.

Huffa
10-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Well, it's been 5 months since I posted this, who in the last 5 months went out and bought a pair ?

.......or took them off ? :lol:

Nightbiker07
10-11-2007, 10:55 PM
and removes rubber very well..
better keep that thing away from your box of rubbers then :lol: :naughty: :lol:

threewheelin-feelin
10-12-2007, 01:27 AM
haha i have a set of these on my 350x...they slow it down so much...but i think they would be a good trail tire on a bigred or sx maybe...ill be in the market for new tires soon

bigreddaddy
10-12-2007, 01:35 AM
I have one that is almost identical on the front of my 250es. But mine is a "turfbuster". It came with the trike and is like new so i'm keeping it. In fact I just had it mounted on a different rim today since i'm changing the front bearings and brakes.

NINJA
10-12-2007, 01:59 AM
I always am reminded of the movie Hellraiser when I look at a brand new pair of Trail Pros. They frighten me!

chris200x
10-12-2007, 05:13 AM
Well, it's been 5 months since I posted this, who in the last 5 months went out and bought a pair ?

.......or took them off ? :lol:

I think the question here is... have you gone and bought some TP's after reading all this? :wondering :D

freaksfix
10-12-2007, 08:20 AM
I had a set about 4 years ago that i couldnt give away. So i took a pair of chanel locks and razor knife and cut off every other knobby.. Removed about 8 pounds a tire. They still were a heavy tire and very stiff with only 1 pound of air. But they threw a nasty roost in the mud..

Huffa
10-12-2007, 08:48 AM
I had a set about 4 years ago that i couldnt give away. So i took a pair of chanel locks and razor knife and cut off every other knobby.. Removed about 8 pounds a tire. They still were a heavy tire and very stiff with only 1 pound of air. But they threw a nasty roost in the mud..

Man, didn't that take a while to do ?

They should include a knife along with the tires! :lol:

McDerry
10-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Angle grinder works faster, and they even make woodcarving blades that use a chainsaw chain on them for the 4" variety.

Bo0YaA
10-12-2007, 11:56 AM
I have them on the wifes lt230 which my son rode with me on our first snow ride of the year. I thought as did he they did pretty damn good considering they arent real aggresive.

rally4x4racer
10-12-2007, 12:29 PM
i have been building a bias for the 2 ply radials lately (maybe I shouldn't say bias)

brapp
10-12-2007, 03:17 PM
great for the shale and rock in our area btu stay out of the gumbo mud and the snow thier so so in but for the money i woudl go with a wooley booger and if you want aset i ahve almost new on silver 83-84 r rims.

SYKO
10-12-2007, 03:37 PM
i cannot beleive there is 3 pages about trail pros.......we have found the anitchrist

edog
10-12-2007, 04:36 PM
i cannot beleive there is 3 pages about trail pros.......we have found the anitchrist

Man if I ever see or hear about another Trail Pro's I will shank them tires and burn then.:mad: :D :crazy: :eek: :w00t: :lol:

Time to take my Litium.:crazy:

rally4x4racer
10-12-2007, 05:28 PM

:lol: glad your not a bean counter :lol:

RedRider_AK
11-22-2007, 11:00 PM
Another tire worthy of mention is the Buckshot Mudder. A friend of mine built a 170 estimated HP go-kart last summer, with a 700 two-stroke snowmobile motor in it. We spent about 5 hours a day ragging on it, doing burnouts and drifting on it, and it had 25" Buckshot Mudders in the back. Somehow, they looked like new, even after leaving nice black patches on roads all around town... :wondering

SYKO
11-22-2007, 11:11 PM
[QUOTE=edog;540710]Man if I ever see or hear about another Trail Pro's I will shank them tires and burn then.:mad: :D :crazy: :eek: :w00t: :lol:

[QUOTE]

better not!!! you'll break your nife!!!

Generation-X
11-23-2007, 12:13 AM
[QUOTE=edog;540710]Man if I ever see or hear about another Trail Pro's I will shank them tires and burn then.:mad: :D :crazy: :eek: :w00t: :lol:

[QUOTE]

better not!!! you'll break your nife!!!

That is so damned funny!! My 350x had a set of the Trail Pros when I got it. One day my wife got really mad. She went out to the shed armed with a steak knife, and stabbed one of them 3 times.... Well, she finally broke the knife
and gave up.......
None the less, I really hate them and cant wait to get a new set of stock 400ex or 450r tires. If anyone has a set I have will buy them off you.

tyman
11-23-2007, 03:44 PM
AH buckshot mudders... i can't imagine how they can be any better than trail pros....

i had a pair and i hated them completely... they never wore!!! and i really wanted new tires but my dad said i had to wear them out first.... they were horrible in mud and snow.... it got to the point that i drove over thorn bushes to get holes in them.... and they still wouldn't go flat... they were impossible to plug too.. since they were so hard.... so they got in an unfortunate accident with a couple nails.... don't know how that happened...... :rolleyes:

hello new tires... :D

RedRider_AK
11-23-2007, 03:54 PM
so they got in an unfortunate accident with a couple nails, don't know how that happened :rolleyes:

It probably took a "Super Industrial Ultra-Power Nailgun" meant for shooting nails into, like cement or something :crazy:

Huffa
11-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Pretty :lol:, Carlise Trail Pro.........the least liked tire on 3WW yet it gets the most attention, heck, we might as well shoot for a 100, now that we are this close :D

cr480r
11-23-2007, 04:50 PM
I was checking out a new set of "pros" at walmart the other day.... The new ones didn't seem near as hard as the old set I had... The rubber compound probably hardens imediatley after mounting them.... But after I almost pulled a muscle gettting one down off the rack... I had to pass them up....

rally4x4racer
11-23-2007, 05:06 PM
Carlisle probably started using softer compounds. They may have finally figured out t hat if you sell an INDESTRUCTIBLE tire, the customer will never need to come back!

RedRider_AK
11-23-2007, 06:00 PM
They may have finally figured out that if you sell an INDESTRUCTIBLE tire, the customer will never need to come back!

I think that's very plausible. They sold about 9 million units the first 3 years of production, and then suddenly sales went down to about 1 unit a year for 20 years...

SYKO
11-23-2007, 06:11 PM
well they got people with there "LIFETIME WARRANTY" add back in the 80's, They new damn well not one person would ever wear one out in a lifetime!! hell dead peeps grandkids might have a fighting chance of trying to do a warranty claim in something along the year of 2075 or something like that.

RedRider_AK
11-23-2007, 06:48 PM
hey got people with there "LIFETIME WARRANTY" add back in the 80's,

They actually had a LIFETIME WARRANTY?? :lol: That's just FUNNY right there!

jason85atc250r
11-23-2007, 09:18 PM
i was amazed :wondering i seen a bald set a couple months ago up at Brapp's house. his brother in laws suzuki lt250 utility qauad has some on it. they only have a couple mm's of tread.

chris200x
11-23-2007, 09:28 PM
i was amazed :wondering i seen a bald set a couple months ago up at Brapp's house. his brother in laws suzuki lt250 utility qauad has some on it. they only have a couple mm's of tread.

I got proof! :rolleyes:
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/chrisr200x/BrappGazooWeekend090.jpg

Tri-ZNate
11-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Now that is a scenic PIC! Two tards riding underpowered 50ccs with their trucks in the back ground. GIT IT! :twisted:

Oh Jason BTW, dont worry! He has another set to throw on when they wear out in the next decade, the "Newer Set" will last another 20 years :lol:

dumdum9599
11-23-2007, 11:40 PM
those mudders take alot of abuse i have had the same set on three different trikes and they still hold air and have lots of treed left on them, but i can't complain they go were ever i try to go without argument.

Drifterdude
11-24-2007, 01:20 AM
They are hard and a rough ride but they got me through anything.

I had no trouble in mud if you get your RPMs high enough in mud they spin everything out of themselves and keep you going. I used them in clay river beds where you get sucked down and in sand beds. But the excell in rock, dry clay canyon and climb areas, woods, dirt, grass that kinda stuff.

I never had them slide out from under me in wet or dry grass or anything else unless I wanted them to. They broke free easy for power slides just smashed the throtle and sideways I went. They griped enough on a packed clay dirtroad I could get verticle on takeoff without tire spin. Last forever to.

NINJA
11-24-2007, 02:42 AM
AH buckshot mudders... i can't imagine how they can be any better than trail pros....

i had a pair and i hated them completely... they never wore!!! and i really wanted new tires but my dad said i had to wear them out first.... they were horrible in mud and snow.... it got to the point that i drove over thorn bushes to get holes in them.... and they still wouldn't go flat... they were impossible to plug too.. since they were so hard.... so they got in an unfortunate accident with a couple nails.... don't know how that happened...... :rolleyes:

hello new tires... :D

Oh man, I can totally relate to that story, except I had 22" Kenda Vipers on my 84 200X. My dad said the exact same thing. I friggin hated those tires! They cornered like shite, were bouncy, and were effin indestructible! My neighborhood mechanic had a solution though. I told him my plight and he said, " I see you riding up and down the road all the time, fill the tires to 20psi and keep riding around on the roads, trust me, they'll wear out." He was right, two months later, the center tread was gone! He then sold my dad a set of 18 in turf tamers for it.:lol: My eyes were opened, welcome to the wonderful world of cornering:naughty: P.S. Trailpros still suck balls!

chris200x
11-24-2007, 07:46 PM
Shhhh... someones listening! :eek:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1985-HONDA-ATC-250-SX-ELECT-START-REVERSE-SHAFT-DRIVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6724QQihZ019QQite mZ290183146359QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

edog
11-24-2007, 08:50 PM
Man I found some Trail Pros on the side of the road after reading this post.I picked them up and brought them to the pit to see how tuff these suckers really are.

The wimpy 44 Special bullet wouldn't even go threw the dam tire.The bullet bounced off it and dam near killed me.

Heres the video.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/edog_02/th_100_3561.jpg (http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/edog_02/?action=view&current=100_3561.flv)

Sorry no Trail Pros were harmed in the making of this film.

mrcribbs
08-03-2010, 07:56 PM
I searched "trail pro tires" to see why one of you always puts

:shiftyeyes: trail pros:shiftyeyes:

I didn't expect to find an 8 page post!

LMAO! Had to dig this one up after reading all 8 pages!

harryredtrike
08-03-2010, 08:00 PM
now do you know

mrcribbs
08-03-2010, 08:05 PM
Ya, and I have a set too :-(

pantera1975
08-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I put the 20x11x9 maxxis razr 6 ply sports on my 86 R Absolutely awesome! The slide better than the less than 1/4 tread stock tires and work great on the different type of trail conditions I've rode on.

3wheelmecca
08-04-2010, 12:56 AM
My trailpro off my 200E had the original air in it from the 80's and still was minty mint. Thank god It was good- I have had to saw off old MX tires before witha sawzall and die grinder.

bobotech
08-04-2010, 01:35 AM
I have 6 trikes now in various stages of work. I have 9 of those tires. I wondered why the heck I had so many. Now I know.

TheRealFatShady
08-04-2010, 10:18 AM
So the general consensus is that Trailpros aren't liked because they don't ever wear down? I have ONE that was on a 110 I picked up. Was the best of the 3, of course.

I actually had hoped to get one for my trikes, but then I saw these I wanted instead. Anyone know what type they are?
http://www.fototime.com/%7BB814AAE5-3AD6-4823-BAF4-765F5670A220%7D/picture.JPG

Mr_RPM
08-04-2010, 10:45 AM
trial pros are great tires. not only are they bullet proof making your trike a great Police Interceptor

They are also possibly lava resistant making your trike volcano proof. who wouldn't want that?

haha but in all reality my friend has a 250sx with trail pros and they do just fine for a freebie of some sort. if you already got em then fine just dont buy them. unless you have volcanoes around...or gangs

geargrinder
09-21-2010, 11:04 AM
I've got a set of trail pros on my 200X. great for dry trails and bushwacking but no good in mud unless you have your ground speed really high. near indestructible, must be because their 3 ply.

NINJA
09-21-2010, 03:05 PM
I've got a set of trail pros on my 200X. great for dry trails and bushwacking but no good in mud unless you have your ground speed really high. near indestructible, must be because their 3 ply.

No, it's because they are actually made of genuine rhino ass-hole.

wisconsinite
09-25-2010, 01:40 AM
had a set of trailpros on my wife's old hartail 125 suzuki quad....they were ok......till you wanted to turn

MrPretty
09-25-2010, 02:14 AM
So the general consensus is that Trailpros aren't liked because they don't ever wear down? I have ONE that was on a 110 I picked up. Was the best of the 3, of course.

I actually had hoped to get one for my trikes, but then I saw these I wanted instead. Anyone know what type they are?
http://www.fototime.com/%7BB814AAE5-3AD6-4823-BAF4-765F5670A220%7D/picture.JPG

I believe those are Maxxis M9209 All-Trak ( http://www.maxxis.com/MotorcycleATV/ATV-Sport/M9209-All-Trak.aspx )

steck
03-28-2013, 08:51 PM
crap, i bought a 110 with trail poo's. showed it off in the new member section..surprised no one rode me hard for having these turds on it..

they do fill up with sno and mud. and leave a nice crappy trail of dirt nuggets on the driveway and garage

rg97
09-15-2013, 12:31 AM
So, they work when you dont want them to, and they dont work when you need them.trailpro

TrickShot
02-27-2016, 12:09 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/photopixs/Mobile%20Uploads/meme4444913853_zps8g1utvff.jpg
trailprotrailpro....Did anyone even notice....trailprotrailpro

Dirtweed
02-27-2016, 12:49 PM
Never liked those. I have them on my the back of the KLT and they are going in the trash.

dustrunner
02-27-2016, 03:39 PM
Ha.... Just picked up a 200x chassis and it has them ... well worn ' so someone got some miles out of them....lol

wamulass
03-02-2016, 01:05 AM
nanco makes a copy called a "bushwhacker" have one on the front of my 110

Yamada
03-02-2016, 10:46 AM
nanco makes a copy called a "bushwhacker" have one on the front of my 110

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.amazon.com/Nankang-N960-Bushwacker-Front-22-11-00-8/dp/B00D6ON43C

Yamada
09-11-2016, 07:13 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160911/d0e24aa30188f24238fdff976e491bfb.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160911/5c7ef09a108297e6b69fcb3c5cb5992a.jpg
It hurt my eyes seing those Kenda Mud Puppy. They are not identical to the Trail Pro but they are close enough.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Evan Hagenow
09-11-2016, 11:12 PM
Thats really expensive for such a terrible tire. We had the carlisle copy on a 200e they sucked terrible. Wouldnt go through anything and gave a terrible ride.

RamsesRibb
09-12-2016, 10:14 AM
Wow this thread has been dug up from the grave. How about everyone give updates on their Trailpros. The set I have on the back of the 110 look the same as ever. I don't even have valve cores in it. I used one as a stand while was working on the brakes and it got a little dented in but it popped right back round when I put it on and pushed the bike forward.
Oh yeah I took the one off the front because I didn't have the arm strength to turn it.

Mackus84
09-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Mine sit in the corner with the rest of my unused crapp lol

schlepp29
09-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Yes there definitely trash but I gotta say my 200s and trail pro tire makes the bear claws look bad at times, haaaa! Ask Kiser, lol

RUNMEDOWN
09-12-2016, 03:15 PM
Wow this thread has been dug up from the grave.

Yup jumped from 9/25/10 to 3/28/13 to 9/11/16.... Much like the Trail Pro, it will never die...... or get traction.

schlepp29
09-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Haaaa! It never gets old

Blown 331
06-12-2017, 08:06 PM
Well I joined team Trail Pro in a big way! Lol. All 3 tires! They are honestly worse than I could have imagined and I will probably sell the bike because of them. Lol. The ride and handling difference between the 110 and 90 is unbelievable!

content://media/external/file/38227

schlepp29
06-12-2017, 08:30 PM
I put the cheng shin dimpled knobbys on the big red and I love those things

Blown 331
06-18-2017, 11:03 PM
Well I joined team Trail Pro in a big way! Lol. All 3 tires! They are honestly worse than I could have imagined and I will probably sell the bike because of them. Lol. The ride and handling difference between the 110 and 90 is unbelievable!

Buys more trail pros less than a week later! :lol: I couldn't help it! Paid $300 for this thing and it is in great condition. Everything works perfectly. All lights, electric start, all brakes. There's not a crack in the plastic and it even has the rear tool box lid. There's not a dent in the gas tank in the inside is shiny. This thing is awesome, other than the tires! :lol:
http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b411/Blown_331/20170618_210258_zpsas8jdxqy.jpg (http://s1041.photobucket.com/user/Blown_331/media/20170618_210258_zpsas8jdxqy.jpg.html)