PDA

View Full Version : new atc 70 seat pan, foam, cover, $150 = garbage **PICS

kilabeez0
05-14-2007, 09:13 PM
This is for an 85 ATC 70. I've spent $150 on these 3 items. it blows my mind the seat pan from dr. atv is $50. It seriously must cost $3 to make. to top it off, the mounting holes arent even marked in the right places 259mm.gif now lets go to the seat cover I spent $50 on, waited 3 weeks for a response, and 1 month to get. i won it on ebay and payed via paypal immediately. it FINALLY got here and it's not usable. If I wanted it to look half assed, sure. The stitching is TOTALLY messed up on the most noticable part of the seat. And it's not like the person who made it didn't notice it was messed up. i saw it as soon as i took it out of the package. and how about those blue water marks coming out of the flames clap1.gif

all the money i spent and i thought i'd be able to put it together myself since i've recovered a few seats already. i'm not wasting the time trying to get my money back and shipping things across the country, i'm biting the bullet and taking it to a professional upholstery place to be restitched, and possibly have the vinyl trimmed on the top so the bottom of the skull and flames aren't cut off. my entire resto is complete and i've been waiting a month for this cover. what a rip off. here's the pics. enjoy.

kilabeez0
05-14-2007, 09:17 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/kilabeez0/st.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/kilabeez0/st-1.jpg

rustyhondas
05-14-2007, 09:43 PM
what a rip off,

But you you did pic the perfect cover for that bike.the look is rite on,it's a shame it is a piece of chit .

it will look cool when you get it straitend out.

kilabeez0
05-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Here is my email to the seller. i think his website is xtremecycle.com or something.

Hi, I bought a seat cover with a flaming skull off of you for my atc70. i can look past the water marks on the graphics, but the stitching is screwed up in the most obvious part. I waited 3 weeks after I had paid immediately via paypal to even hear a response that you received payment. About a week later I finally received the cover which I am very disappointed with. I completely restored this 1985 atc 70, The seat consists of a new fiberglass seat pan and foam which cost $100. Add the $50 I paid for your cover and I'm up to $150 for a seat I cant even put together because it doesn't fit right. My only options are to now take it to a professional and have them cut the vinyl to bring the height of the graphic up and restitch it. I shouldn't have to do that, and I also shouldn't have had to wait 3 weeks for a response. I'm signed up with numerous atv message boards and would like to pass along a positive outcome on them. I have attached a picture of the trike I restored, so you dont think I'm bull shitting you about it's condition. Also some pictures of the stitching.

Peter Beeley
District Manager
J.N. Phillips Glass Company, Inc.
94 Drum Hill Rd
Chelmsford, MA 01824
Tel 978.458.8575
Cell 978.375.7705

ceaserthethird
05-16-2007, 11:36 AM
Wait 3 month's for a responce !

He Bent you Over !

I will never buy from him ( I own a 70 )