PDA

View Full Version : Insurance on your trikes?

Jim mac
05-13-2007, 02:09 AM
Now that I seem to be finding trikes again, and for a change theyre showing up with titles, what do you guys do for insurance? Im talking about theft coverage. Do you get a rider on your homeowners? or can you get specific insurance for your trikes? I figure with the cost of quads, they have to have full coverage until its at least paid off. thanks Jim

Dammit!
05-13-2007, 03:01 AM
My insurance guy told me point blank that it's not worth it. If anything happened to them I wouldn't get much for them and the premiums were pretty high. Don't remember how much though. I just lock them up and hope for the best.

Nick_n_ii
05-13-2007, 08:09 AM
In Michigan AAA covers them under there Quad ploices, with no difference in cost..

honda 4h
05-13-2007, 11:03 AM
insurance hear in Ontario, Canada for my 1985 250 bigred $1500.as they tell me how dangerous 3wheelers are and its hard to find one to take you on.but if i get a quote on a 1985 250 fourtrax $271. so i did what a smart guy would do. i told them its a fourtrax.hay did they not make a kit to make a 3wheeler a 4 wheeler who knows i may have bought it as a 4wheeler the guy told me its a fourtrax. but i did not like it so i made it a 3wheeler.hear it Ontario its a $5000 fine if you get caught no less and no more.

gplarryv
05-13-2007, 03:47 PM
my 350x is ins through state farm, it is covered for the cost of the atv when new. it costs me $80 a year i dont rember what my deductible is collision is only covered with me riding it though
larry

super90
05-13-2007, 04:08 PM
My trike sits about 20' away from my room in my garage with a screen door and 2 12x10 2'' thick garage doors, im not real worried about theft. A few years ago a yamaha blaster I had was stolen out of my driveway because I didnt put it in the garage.

Dammit!
05-13-2007, 04:47 PM
My trike sits about 20' away from my room in my garage with a screen door and 2 12x10 2'' thick garage doors, im not real worried about theft. A few years ago a yamaha blaster I had was stolen out of my driveway because I didnt put it in the garage.

A garage isn't much protection. My brother had a very clean '82 R stolen out of my parents locked garage in the middle of the day. Big German Shepard out back didn't even phase them. They just broke a window, went in, opened the garage door and took off with the trike, never to be seen again.

I ALWAYS lock my trikes up even in the garage or where they're at now (storage unit). When I'm able to I chain them together AND put a lock on the rear sprocket or disk brake. All that wouldn't stop someone who was determined to get them. All you can do is make them an unattractive target by slowing them down. A thief will usually want to get in and get out so they'd most likely move on to an easier target. I'd rather they steal my tv or stereo than my trikes. At least that stuff is covered under a home owners or renters insurance policy.

Jim mac
05-13-2007, 06:05 PM
Im going to see if my homeowners will let me put a rider on the insurance policy. Its kind of odd, If its titled I figure its easier to show proof of ownership. I'll call and find out about it this week, If what they tell me is worth looking into i'll post what they tell me here. Jim

super90
05-13-2007, 06:24 PM
My garage dosen't have any windows. Its connected right to my bedroom and I could hear anything going on out there. Only way in is in the garage doors, And if they try to get through thoe's it would definatly take some cutting to get through the 2 layers and sheet metal. Overall I dont see anyway that they could do it unless I wasnt home. But even if the wood was cut theres 14 metal cross beams that would need cut. The neighbors would hear metal being cut across the street. Im not really worried about it though. Everything in the garage is covered.:beer

70ATC90
05-13-2007, 07:48 PM
my 350x is ins through state farm, it is covered for the cost of the atv when new. it costs me $80 a year i dont rember what my deductible is collision is only covered with me riding it though
larry

Yeah, If i had a 350x I'd insure it for every penny I got.