PDA

View Full Version : 200x eating chains?

super90
05-13-2007, 01:19 AM
First I replace the stock chain after I noticed 2 of the small roller between the links were chewed up and broken off, then I replaced it with a gold D.I.D chain, same thing happened in a random spot, then I replaced it with all new 15/38 sprockets and another gold chain rated for 450cc+. SAME THING HAPPENED when I checked it out today. What could be causing this? I dont think it could be hitting off rocks since only rode it on a fire road, so what else could be causing this?

pickleweasel_00
05-13-2007, 01:23 AM
are the sprockets aligned properly? :wondering that's the only thing i would really suspect

super90
05-13-2007, 01:33 AM
That could be the problem? Now that I think of it I have a RAD carrier and timkin bearings (pin bearings) and not the stock honda ball bearings. So when the axle gets loose instead of replacing them with new ones you just tighten it with the jam nut. So after 21 years of riding it finally came to the point where it needed a spacer between the sprocket and bearings because it wouldnt tighten anymore. But without the spacer the sprocket bolts rub off the carrier and shave the aluminum off. But ive never really had any problems with it being unaligned. Everything rolls smoothly and rides fine, never popped off or anything.

ceaserthethird
05-13-2007, 04:35 AM
Wow that sounds like pain , before you spend any more money take it to a shop .

if no one can give you a answer here .