PDA

View Full Version : Tri z wire harness help please

chris200x
05-11-2007, 06:14 PM
FREAKIN BIRD'S NEST!!! I got my hands full at the moment with this wire harness. If someone could snap a few pics of how it's tied or routed to the frame it would be most helpful. :rolleyes: :pics:

I got most of the connections labeled so that's really not a problem. I'm also using a coil (spark plug wire thingy) from an 80's yz250 dirtbike so it's a bit diffrent. I'm not sure where exactly the orange wire goes.

Any help on this matter would be most appreciated. I really have a hard time reading a diagram. :(

Here's a few pics
I think this do-hicky is supposed to be mounted on the tab between the radiators BUT what goes here then? I know the thingy for the headlight mounts to the other side of the frame but I'm not running lights on this so I'm doing away with that little box as well.

Edit: I took those big pics off for the folks on dialup.

Yamahondaman
05-11-2007, 06:20 PM
Man ...WHAT A MESS !!! can i bead blast them UGLY Hoses ...PLEEEZZZZ !!!

chris200x
05-11-2007, 06:57 PM
LOL... sure and when your done you can hook them all back up for me. (umm, the right way!):D

Here's about the only pic I took to use for reference. and that box I mentioned I won't be using.

Does the harness go through the middle of the radiators?

Bryan Raffa
05-11-2007, 07:05 PM
the cdi goes inbetween the rads that spot you got it now is for the the throttle cable box on the 85's.. run your wires comeing from the handel bars under the middle hose that joins the two rads at the top , that big black boot on the harness goes behind that wire tab,, then run all the wires between the rads,the blue hose loop over that middle hose and zip tie it to it and run it down between the rads. clear that mess up and take another pic.. we'll go from there,,LOL Make all your color connections and neatly fold all the slack together and zip tie it to the bar that the coil mounts on.. make it flat as possible as the air box will come close to that bar;)

Yamahondaman
05-11-2007, 07:07 PM
RAFFA ............ we need PICS !!! we don't wanna read all THAT !!! :lol:

Bryan Raffa
05-11-2007, 07:14 PM
OH BOY:rolleyes: thats the best i got I deleted the others

http://www.3wheelerworldforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=44984&d=1176082152

chris200x
05-11-2007, 07:31 PM
Thanks guys.. I knew something wasn't quite right the way I had it. :rolleyes: Xowner

I have an 86 throttle cable... is that gonna work on my 85 setup?

Bryan Raffa
05-11-2007, 07:37 PM
yes it will work perfict!

chris200x
05-11-2007, 09:04 PM
This look bout rite? :rolleyes: Still gotta plug everything in and tie up some loose ends.

Does the teather kill thngy cord get mounted to the triples?

DeePa
05-11-2007, 09:15 PM
ronnie, you can beadblast rad hoses to make them look new?

chris, lookin sweeet....whenever i see a tri z topic, i always know that its you with a question hahahah

chris200x
05-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Hahaa! I'm learnin buddy. :cool: In fact I just now learned you cannot bead blast radiator hoses!~ :D

Here's that other thing (teather switch) Where the best place to mount this?

It's for when I fall off I don't wanna get run over. :rolleyes:

Bryan Raffa
05-11-2007, 11:09 PM
chris in the 3rd pic,, put the wires above the rad mount where it bolts to the frame ,,that tether can go on the bottom handelbar bolt.. that little back square get tucked in to that big black boot

GoodKarma
05-12-2007, 07:06 AM
Okay, I'm going to have to write all this stuff down! I'm spending the weekend out in the garage and trying to get mine done at the same time as Chris.

Looks like you're getting CLOSER! Isn't it amazing how the little things like this can really take up a lot of time?

chris200x
05-12-2007, 07:12 AM
Hahaa! Tell me bout it. Although this stuff ain't that bad.. :wondering can't wait till I gotta rejet the carb:rolleyes: That's a 20+ page thread comin.. :eek: :lol:

Yamahondaman
05-12-2007, 12:09 PM
ronnie, you can beadblast rad hoses to make them look new?

I Bead Blasted my Tank,Plastic Rad. Grills and ALL of my Hoses and everything thats Black... then i keep some "secret" stuff on them for the "NEW" Look ... i'm gonna have LOTS of it at TF07 for sale... but it's got a HIGH PRICE... Kinda like Walmart spray paint Vs. Car Paint ...