PDA

View Full Version : Fixed my 500r kicker

jeffatc250r
05-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Well i finally got around to fixing my kicker on my 500r. I used a kicker from a 97 cr250 and cut it at the knuckle then moved it over about an inch and then filled the gaps in with the tig, it works great and there is over a quarter inch clearance to the frame. It still starts hard though, it seems as though it isnt getting enough fuel at start up, (plug is dry for awhile) but once it does start it will start back up relatively easy. I tried playing with the air fuel screw without much luck, maybee a bigger pilot? Well the hard part of putting it together is over and now its only a few bugs i need to contend with. Any input is appreciated.

KASEY
05-11-2007, 07:33 PM
you have no spacer between the motor and the swingarm,,,,,, how do you keep the sleeves from turning ???? plus you can't tighten up the swinger bolt either,,,,,

jeffatc250r
05-12-2007, 12:47 AM
I do have one, my friend is turnig it down right now, It was a quarter inch too long. should have it back tomm or monday, i also have a couple other things to deal with like rear brakes and a chain slider, i was thinkin a banshee slider to weld on to the back of the swingarm, then again i was thinking of swapping the plus 8 to a plus 4, the 8 is a bit too much i think.