PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Duners.....

Redryderr
05-09-2007, 06:06 PM
......what are you running for spark arrestors at Silver Lake?

Red

x.system
05-09-2007, 07:48 PM
FMF powercore 2 with the built in sparky, the dnr officers know that silencer well and don't bother you at all. You can also buy sparky's right next to the dunes entrance but I've found alot of them fall off. I found 6 of them one day at the dunes.

dizasterzrfun69
05-09-2007, 08:36 PM
FMF powercore 2 with the built in sparky, the dnr officers know that silencer well and don't bother you at all. You can also buy sparky's right next to the dunes entrance but I've found alot of them fall off. I found 6 of them one day at the dunes.

I havent even been there yet but if heard they are pricks about silencers/spark arrestors. After all i'd hate to set all that SAND on fire :lol:

tecat-z
05-09-2007, 08:54 PM
I have always run sparkys as well but you do have to be very careful when mounting them or you will loose them. I just bought a fmf powercore and have to make my mounts and have them welded on so i don't have to mess with the clamp ons. Just wondering if this will have an effect on power? The clamp on didn't seem to restrict it.

Redryderr
05-10-2007, 11:01 PM
dizasterzrfun69 - they are kind of tightwads about the spark arrestors there. I really would hate to burn down the dunes!

I run a regular "turbo" style muffler on my sand rail and have never been hassled about it. I've had my 4 stroke three wheelers there, but they all have the stock exhausts, again, no problems. I didn't like the stock exhaut on my R, so I think I'd like to put a sparky on my DG. I did see that Cobra makes a slip on for the DG.

Thanks for the input guys,
Red

Redryderr
05-11-2007, 09:18 PM
That home made looks pretty cool, is that just a chrome exhaust tip with a screen in it?

Never been hassled, huh? I guess it's worth a try!

3Razors
05-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Doesnt the stock tecate muffler have a built in spark arrestor?

Dammit!
05-12-2007, 02:39 AM
Doesnt the stock tecate muffler have a built in spark arrestor?

That's what I was wondering. I know all the Hondas have sparkys from the factory.