PDA

View Full Version : YTM 225 Technical Question

pdc1
05-07-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm replacing the Carb on my YTM 225. How do I disconnect the the choke cable? I've unscrewed the fitting that the cable goes into and still it will not pull out. Am I missing something? I looked at the broken down carb and still don't see where the cable can be released. It goes into part #8 on the diagram.

thefox
05-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Yes that 14mm fitting is all that hold the coke plunger in. Make sure it is fully unthreaded and pull up. The plunger has an o-ring on it and sometimes they swell up making it hard to remove. I have also had a plunger corrode in the carb. and ended up having to drill it out.

pdc1
05-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Yes that 14mm fitting is all that hold the coke plunger in. Make sure it is fully unthreaded and pull up. The plunger has an o-ring on it and sometimes they swell up making it hard to remove. I have also had a plunger corrode in the carb. and ended up having to drill it out.

So if I fully unthread that 14mm fitting, the cable should just pull out with the plunger? I pulled somewhat hard and nothing happened. The choke lever seems to function normally, like it's not frozen.

Erics350x
05-08-2007, 11:37 PM
yeah it should, try twisting it