PDA

View Full Version : I was so close he wouldn't race again

200xer
05-01-2003, 09:32 PM
I was at our local high school so I could get my silencer welded up because the bracket broke off, how I don't know. One kid had a 3 day old Banshee done up with FMF pipes and silencers and some other stuff. He said all together it was 8k out the door. We cruised around the field for a while then raced from a stand still. Off the start I wheeled way to much and had to back out a little. Put it into second and wheeled again, but not quite as bad. By now he was over a bike length ahead. Revved out in second shifted into third and I was catching him. Went into fourth then shut it down because of a ditch. I was at his back tire, so he barely got me.

I was really surprised I even hung in there that good. I've been having troubles with taking off in it, it likes to really bog off the start from a stand still. What I have: 86 Tri Z, DG pipe and silencer, huge 22" knobbies that are more like the size of 24" tires, and a Uni air filter. Since the race was very very short I think him having the small 21 or 20" tires is what got me. If the race would have been longer I would have blown by him. He wouldn't race me after that, but after a bunch of people harassed him about it being so close he said he'd race next week haha. Maybe I'll pick up a set of 20" tires by then. Not too shabby for a 17 year old 3 wheeler with less than $600 into it total :-D

J.D.
05-01-2003, 09:44 PM
Yeah! Representin' the Z's! YEAH! I have a buddy who has a Banshee with 98 HP(yes 98 hp) and that's at the wheels. He has close to 110 horspower at the crank. I wouldn't even think of racing that monster. I could maybe make if off the line, but as soon as his wheelspin stops he'd blow by me!

kyle
05-01-2003, 10:00 PM
i used to have an 86 250r trike, it was all hyped up, and on the back i had a sticker that said banshee slayer. i only kept it for like 3 weeks and then sold it, i like my trail riding and i wasnt really likeing the 2 stroker on the trials that i ride.