PDA

View Full Version : Latest on my 85 250r restoration

brrcuda
05-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Well, I haven't posted pics of this bike too much, but wanted to put some up. Sites been a little slow lately, maybe everyone is riding.

I am nearing final completion of my 85 250r project. The last things are a rear skidplate, a chain that fits - for some reason bought one and was too short, and a water pump mech seal and its done - then no more parts to buy:w00t: .

This bike has the original engine paint and mechanics. All cosmetics replaced. The latest parts were new honda grips and caps, a honda handlebar off my 350x, the toolbox mounted with honda mounts, and a new dunlop front tire mounted thanks to 250renTCB.

This bike was bought as my rider but turned into a show piece very quickly. I have put one piece at a time for about a year now with no rush to finish.

3Wheelers4Life
05-03-2007, 03:44 PM
looks like it just came off the show room floor. i would like to have a r in good condition like that some day. keep up with it and have fun.

ColeTrickle
05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
Hi brccuda,
That thing looks mint, does it have a good latch for the toolbox? You better get the Z together soon then you can sell the R to DeePa so he'll have a ride!

brrcuda
05-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Haha... Drac - The toolbox latch problem stems from the exhaust paint fumes.:lol:

inside joke.:wondering

TtownJoeShow
05-03-2007, 05:16 PM
wow :drool: is that :drool: ever :drool: a nice :drool: :drool: Stocker :Bounce :drool: :Bounce hahaha Supe it up!?!!?!!?:Bounce :Bounce

edog
05-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Looks very nice!

I just came in from riding mine.:D

chris200x
05-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Dam Paul that's sexy!!! :drool: So you don't get the urge to take it out and rip it up? :naughty:

Dammit!
05-03-2007, 06:12 PM
What are you going to do with that 350x headlight in the background?

brrcuda
05-03-2007, 06:56 PM
thanks for comments.

I constantly get the urge to ride this bike. I rode it for a couple rips when i first got it last year ,when ground was still hard. The six speed is really nice on this bike.

Putting the bike in the basement keeps me from riding it though. Rolling it up the stairs through the bulkhead is not easy and have to tear down the rear and pull all plastic. It has been done though.

Dammit - sorry, no parts for sale. :beer

Dirtcrasher
05-03-2007, 08:26 PM
What are you going to do with that 350x headlight in the background?

Real nice job bud!!

I saw the same thing Dammit, how could he have such a beauty of an ATC and toss that lovely 350X headlight on top of a pile of parts!! J/K - I just love those 350X headlights.

I am so luck to have bought 3 brand new ones when they were on EBAY for years. The seller ran out of them about 6 months ago and sold off the damaged ones about 2 months ago. It seemed like he had an endless supply but they did run out of them eventuall. I saw at least 2 grab over 250$ and I spent 360$ for all 3 over time. They will always be my favorite headlight.

??Did I mention I think your R looks AWESOME!! :beer Nice work...

DeePa
05-03-2007, 08:32 PM
left handed exhause fumes huh?

yeah i need to buy another bike. Im hoping i get a real job that pays more than 9 per hour so I can feed the addiction.

Looks good.

Whats your addy again?

I forgot how nice that bike is...

edog
05-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Is that NOS or OEM plastic or both?

brrcuda
05-04-2007, 01:44 AM
Is that NOS or OEM plastic or both?

All brand new honda plastics throughout with all new repro decals. None of my bikes are exactly perfect but done to my liking. I can get lost day dreaming in my basement very easily with these bikes down there.

Someday, i will pull the 3 trikes out of the basement and have a little shootout with some friends. i always wanted to do a real honest writeup on the comparison of the big 3. From first impressions (looks) to performance and rideability. Someday after my garage is built this year.

ATC-Eric
05-04-2007, 02:06 AM
Very nice homeboy!

That thing looks great!