PDA

View Full Version : Found a 83 200E

FastZ28
05-03-2007, 05:28 AM
Found a 83 200E for sale for $400. Looks to be complete except for the seat. I think the pan is there just no foam or cover. Tires are flat and pull rope is hanging out. Plastic looks just ok. Will stop by again tommorrow in the daylight and see if it runs.
If it runs is it worth 300 or 400 bucks?
Can I pick up the seat cover and foam?

Thanks guys.

edog
05-03-2007, 06:20 AM
Pm sent........

FastZ28
05-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Found a 83 200E for sale for $400. Looks to be complete except for the seat. I think the pan is there just no foam or cover. Tires are flat and pull rope is hanging out. Plastic looks just ok. Will stop by again tommorrow in the daylight and see if it runs.
If it runs is it worth 300 or 400 bucks?
Can I pick up the seat cover and foam?

Thanks guys.

I guess I forgot to say that its a Honda BigRed 200E.
Goin to check it out now.

3Wheelers4Life
05-03-2007, 03:17 PM
i would say it is worth it. if it runs it is very much worth it

ScottZJ
05-03-2007, 03:35 PM
Well depends on what you planning on doing with it. If you are looking for some resale or money making projects, then that isnt a great deal for that. Most of the 200's except the 200es go pretty cheap being complete and running great. So as long as everything works great and runs great, I think you should be alright for a good runner. If it needs alot of work, besides cosmetic, then you might think about getting it cheaper or just find one alittle nicer.

cowmilker
05-03-2007, 04:40 PM
I have one in my garage that I got in a package deal with an 84 200es, and a trailer for $300. Be careful of the brake hubs! Mine has never been ridden, by me, because it wont stop, and I can't get the rear brake drum off to replace the shoes, and I had to cut the head of the front axle bolt off just to get to that flat front tire, and the new front axles are very hard to come by (could it be that they all get stuck in the brake backing plate). I am on the verge of parting mine out.
Be careful when you are looking at it. Just because it runs doesn't mean it is worth that price. I would ask if you could blow up the tires (a lot of times they will hold air for about 10 minutes) and ride it in circles to check the brakes/shifting(both high&low )/cables ect.

Bigred200
05-03-2007, 07:00 PM
I have a seat for ya pm me back if interested

Dimbag_Gyllez
05-05-2007, 12:09 AM
yea i picked one up exacly like your looking at i'd say if the engine runs and brakes work it should be worth.. cause when we looked at it it wasitn running for 5 yrs or so we changed the carb and the brakes and shes workin' fine now :) should i mention i got mine for 150 bucks.. (family friend tho)