PDA

View Full Version : Some Goodies for my 83 300R

TtownJoeShow
05-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey,
i finnaly managed to put the 38mm AirStriker on!!! but my exhaust pipe is garbage, has too many holes in it :twisted: have a couple more on the way, DG's to be exact, they should b here by the end of next week. i've never ran a decent pipe on this thing yet!!! also have a proper headlight comin! :Bounce :Bounce
my trike kinda reminds me of a "rat rod" altho i hate that terminology...but it looks like a hunk a junk, but it ripps!

Need like asap;
-seat cover
-sprokets (have a chain)

Still could use;
-rear master cylander + caliper
-rear skidplate
-axle bearing carrier
-frame
-some fresh new Sudco rings (6.25mm over bore)
-piston kit for spare engine

then after all a that, its all about the fancy things!!

SYKO
05-02-2007, 12:43 PM
I thought you had jemco pipe?? and how does ti run with the 38? I got a 38 to fo on my 300 after it gets back with its fresh top end last bore!

toocheaptosmoke
05-02-2007, 12:45 PM
cool!:beer

chris200x
05-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Can I ask your opinion on those rear tires your running? My Z came with a set of those (brand new) and I'm not sure if I should run them or not.

http://www.bikepics.com/pictures/814368/

It seems like a real aggresive tire for a two stroke?

TtownJoeShow
05-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Syko, well i compared your pipe and the one i might buy, and its alittle different...the guy wont be back for a week or so :(
i haven't ran it yet, i need a pipe! well i guess i could re fiberglass my old one....it lasted about 3 hours the last time i fiberglassed it!!

TtownJoeShow
05-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Chris, actually, i don't mind the Bear Claws at all, they work fine!!! i ride in sand and trail oh love the road too lol

SYKO
05-02-2007, 01:27 PM
I know one thing If it is a Jemco you will have to shave alittle bit off the fins and actually dent the pipe alittle to make it fit even then its a tight fit, but well worth it!

TtownJoeShow
05-02-2007, 02:52 PM
the header pipe part is more like the stock pipe...the pipe has more 90 degree bends, isn't as smooth as yours :( but its gotta be better than a DG im thinkin

well i fiberglased the pipe, so tomorrow i will probably go for some plug chops and jet it!

TtownJoeShow
05-04-2007, 02:53 PM
Hahaa went to give it an oil change, and the threads came out with the bolt lmao well Heli coil time i guess..or think i'll wait a while and use the original engine that came with the trike when i bought it....frigg, at a stand still for a while, what a bummer!!!!

rustyhondas
05-04-2007, 07:28 PM
i have a good repair method for a stripped drain plug on a 3 wheeler.

drain all the oil out.

flip it up on its grab bar so you can work on it.

tap the hole with a 1/4" pipe tap. thats NPT

clean the oil and crap out of this new threded hole with a rag and some brake cleaner or something

get a 1/4 X 1/8 pipe bushing and thred it in the hole with epoxy on the threds,5 min epoxy,JB weld,marine tex,liquid metal you name it.and tighten it down.

let it dry a little while.

now your new dran will be a 1/8 pipe plug that threds into the pipe bushing that stays in the case.

the 1/8 pipe plug drains the oil just fine.

and if you know anything about pipe sizes 1/8 pipe is about a 7/16" hole teh oil drains just fine out of the hole.

and it is a taperd thred so it will not strip out again.

I have done this a few times,and will keep doing it,it is a permanant fix.

TtownJoeShow
05-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Cool, thanks!!! i have a couple of tap n die sets...but hungover today and probably will be tomorrow hahaaa but i'll get around to it sooon!

i had a feeling when i put the bolt in that it might b too tight/stripped :( but i have had one fall out on a bike when i was ridding, and that really sucked!!

TtownJoeShow
05-14-2007, 01:55 PM
well i managed to fix the drain plug lol for now, its just in till i get main crank bearings for the other engine (say a few weeks)
Oh, does anyone know how to tell a HotRod Connecting rod from stock? do they all say hotrod right on them?
so i have put the proper headlinght on, new brake pads all around, the DG & silencer.
Now she ripps way better!!! my main jet is a 160...i gotta play with my airscrew alittle still

rustyhondas
05-14-2007, 04:33 PM
a hot rod crank says HOT ROD on it.

stock honda rods are pretty good.

hrc85250r
05-14-2007, 09:50 PM
i say you will be really hurting the power delivery of your bike by using those huge heavy-ass tires....get some turf tamers or something 20"...for gods sake. those belong on a ytm or better yet a sportsman 800. i think you will be surprised at how much power loss you are losing having the motor push those heavy mud tires those machines arent meant to run them...

TtownJoeShow
05-15-2007, 06:05 AM
Thanks boys!!!
actually that crossed my mind about a week ago! and i do remember the last time i had them off, my friend had his off too and mine were wayyy heavier!!!
i can't afford some new skins for about a month or so :( i wouldn't mind getting some Razr's or Razr2....need a front tire too! seems to me kendal makes one that i like, but i gotta search for the name of the tread....

TtownJoeShow
05-15-2007, 10:04 PM
it seems like she might b getting alittle too hot?......after riding for like 30 minutes, if i shut her down, she is hard to start after a smoke er so...i gotta change the plug once or twice, i guess it could b because i'm usen br9es not an 8?