PDA

View Full Version : bearings (brand name or buy at auto stores?)

oldskool83
04-30-2007, 08:32 AM
i started working on my auto-x last night after spend a few hours with jason85atc250R. (thanks jason for helping with finding parts)

anyway i need axle bearings and front wheel bearings. ive looked on ebay and the prices are good (shipping makes total price more then dealers price) i did find that denniskirk sells imported bearings and seals, they are a little cheaper to buy each but i dont know how makes them, just some MFG part # listing all the dimensions.

should i buy a kit from moose or go to like a napa auto parts or car parts place and just try to find the correct bearings and seals? i am on a tight budget so if i could save $5 or so buying bearings on my own thru a place like that it would leave me some money for somthing else.

Dirtcrasher
04-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Nachi - SKF- Fafnir - all good bearings. EBAY and other bearings have worse tolerances. Any good gear and bearing shop can help you.

oldskool83
04-30-2007, 10:08 AM
ok, ill try that 1st. if not ill go to a dealer where i get 20% off and order or a moose kit since i trust them.

ATC-Eric
04-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Cotact Dads here on the boards. He makes good bearings at good prices. Just search that user name, and throw him a pm.

oldskool83
04-30-2007, 11:04 AM
i will try that.

hazard
04-30-2007, 03:59 PM
just installed new "all balls" front wheel bearings on my 350x yesterday, very impressed, nice price, ive had the same brand of bearings in the rear and i havnt had any problems with them, they are the same brand that Dads sells. good luck

Dirtcrasher
04-30-2007, 06:52 PM
Wheel bearings are one thing, but if is for a crank or another motor bearing I would get a name brand quality bearing....