PDA

View Full Version : Just got...sorta

SpeedBump
04-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I haven't picked them up yet, but they are mine! :D

I have not looked in the local Trader's Guide in a while, and just happened to pick one up and look thru the ATV section. Guess what...2 different ads for 1985 350Xs. Called the guys, talked to them...went today to take a lil look....money down...picking em up Monday. They are both decent, but not show queens. Neither one needs anything mechanical to run as is. The plan is to bring em home..get a real good look at them to figure out what parts/pieces are in the best condition. Once I decide that, I will part them together and build one that is really nice and the other (should be a good machine as well, just not as purty) will probably be sold off. I already have my eye on a good Ebay item. One of them has a really NICE White Brothers E-Series pipe on it. They did a nice job modding it to fit the X. The original billet mount was removed and then rewelded into a new position to work on the X frame. The midpipe was also rewelded and looks good. If you were to look at it, you would think it was BUILT for a 350X. I will be getting the stocker with this bike, so I will polish this E-Series up, and sell it off for a bit of profit. (Gotta save my money for TF! ;) ) Anyway, here are the bikes. You may recognize the one...I tried buying it a couple years ago. He won the bracket class over at the Grass drags on it. Told me then he would NEVER sell..guess what...today is NEVER!!! :w00t:

Black86tri-z
04-28-2007, 08:21 PM
what did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

3Wheelers4Life
04-28-2007, 10:27 PM
nice 350x looks clean i always liked the looks of the 85's

Jason Hall
04-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Hey speedbump, I need that white front fender that looks so goofy on that one bike lol. Nice find by the way.

edog
04-28-2007, 10:48 PM
I haven't picked them up yet, but they are mine! :D

I have not looked in the local Trader's Guide in a while, and just happened to pick one up and look thru the ATV section. Guess what...2 different ads for 1985 350Xs. Called the guys, talked to them...went today to take a lil look....money down...picking em up Monday. They are both decent, but not show queens. Neither one needs anything mechanical to run as is. The plan is to bring em home..get a real good look at them to figure out what parts/pieces are in the best condition. Once I decide that, I will part them together and build one that is really nice and the other (should be a good machine as well, just not as purty) will probably be sold off. I already have my eye on a good Ebay item. One of them has a really NICE White Brothers E-Series pipe on it. They did a nice job modding it to fit the X. The original billet mount was removed and then rewelded into a new position to work on the X frame. The midpipe was also rewelded and looks good. If you were to look at it, you would think it was BUILT for a 350X. I will be getting the stocker with this bike, so I will polish this E-Series up, and sell it off for a bit of profit. (Gotta save my money for TF! ;) ) Anyway, here are the bikes. You may recognize the one...I tried buying it a couple years ago. He won the bracket class over at the Grass drags on it. Told me then he would NEVER sell..guess what...today is NEVER!!! :w00t:

X rated is better.....but I like R rated better.lol

They look good.

SpeedBump
04-29-2007, 01:49 AM
Hey speedbump, I need that white front fender that looks so goofy on that one bike lol. Nice find by the way.

Jason, you got a beater Red one? This one is kinda hammered. Scraped with bolt holes and a crack in the middle. You are welcome to it if you got a red one to swap with. Just need something on it, unless I decide to buy a couple new Maiers for it. If I do, you can have this one...just pay shipping! LOL...I'll let you know. :beer

Preddy05
04-29-2007, 07:44 AM
not just one x but 2.....People might start thinkin your a honda guy and not kawi! :lol: Took a drive after talkin to you i have to call monday to talk to the guy about the parts he didn't list yet. (see what happens when you keep stuff to yourself you get a trike killed!!) But thanks for the heads up.

SpeedBump
05-05-2007, 11:21 PM
Now I gotta start tearing them both apart to find the best parts from them to put on the good frame (one has been welded...same common cracks) and then rebuild the second to sell off.:beer

SpeedBump
05-05-2007, 11:23 PM
pictures........

SpeedBump
05-05-2007, 11:30 PM
BTW, looking at these pics..I noticed something. The header pipes are different. Both are 85s, but I think the one with the Eseries pipe has a 86 header on it. Hmmm...cool.

While I am talking about the exhaust...anyone got a decent stock muffler? I kinda want/need one.

Mosh
05-06-2007, 06:42 AM
Twin thumpers.Very nice.Good find man!