PDA

View Full Version : 84 250r

douellette
04-28-2007, 07:44 AM
i tried starting the 3 wheeler again yesterday with no luck. i checked the spark-and it has one. i checked the fuel line and there is fuel coming out of it. i removed the carb and then the reed and i touched the "valve" things or reeds or w/e there called and it kind of felt like they where stuck closed. so i put everything back together and it still wouldnt start.............any advice/reasons/help? thanks.

max
04-28-2007, 08:42 AM
Did you check the float valve. It may be stuck closed. If so you arent going to get any gas into the engine. This is a pretty common issue.

douellette
04-28-2007, 09:01 AM
how do i check it?...remove the bottom cover? and then push the float thing up and down?

icp4life162005
04-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Try cleaning your carb. Is the engine fluid locked?

max
04-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Remove the bottom cover. You will see the float barrells. In between them there will be a little valve toward the front of the carb (engine side). This it what either sticks closed or opened. Free that valve up and put it back together. Let us know!!!

max
04-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Try cleaning your carb. Is the engine fluid locked?

I dont understand...... what is engine fluid locked?

douellette
04-28-2007, 10:01 PM
i got it to run by spraying carb cleaner in the carb and it started right up and then died....so i had one of my friends come over today because he knows alot about fourwheelers. he found out that the part where the fuel line connects on was clogged with mud and the needle? or something broke..so he said replace that and it should start right up...lets hope :)