PDA

View Full Version : Restoration of a 200x tank (lots of pics)

BigReds Forever
04-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Welp, i decided yesterday to start the work on my 200x tank. So far its going ok, got it mostly stripped, and all the dents pulled as much as there going to. Found a few pin holes which have to be filled, and welded up an area by the mounts that was cracked. gotta finish a little stripping and get some filler now. Does anyone know what brand of paint the said "Shasta" white is? Or does anyone know a close match with ppg paint? I can get ppg at cost so thats what ill be using. I was just going to match it to my plastic, but i dont have it yet. Heres some pics of the work.

BigReds Forever
04-27-2007, 10:33 AM
heres some more pics. And YES syko, you do have to carefull with those studs!!! (i only pulled on through:( )

oldskool83
04-27-2007, 10:35 AM
Color-rite.com may have the paint code.

hublake
04-27-2007, 10:35 AM
You can get the honda paint code and paint suppliers can match it. I use that method when I did my BR and the PPG paint supplier mixed me up some.

SYKO
04-27-2007, 10:52 AM
heres some more pics. And YES syko, you do have to carefull with those studs!!! (i only pulled on through:( )

TOLD YA!!:welcome:

I wil see if I stil have a paint code I use martin senour paints, and ppg can possibly cross reference the code.

BigReds Forever
11-17-2007, 01:06 AM
welp, slow going but I thought id post some progress pictures from a bit ago. first pic is the tank basically striped. 2nd and 3rd are with all the holes filled and most dents straitened out. last is the tank primed. There are still a few little imperfections near the welded areas and such, but a little filler will straiten them out. Paint is gonna be black so ill have to make sure its perfect before I paint.

TwoHundredEx
11-17-2007, 01:12 AM
Looks really nice!
Far better than it was before.