PDA

View Full Version : 250r saved

Tecate250
04-25-2007, 04:30 PM
Last night me and a buddy of mine grabed a 83-84 atc 250r. Due to lack of funds at the time me a my buddy paid 300$ cnd for it. It just had a brand new top end put on it but it was siezed when we bought it. Piston is lost but did next to no serious damage to the cylinder. It is maxed bore at 72. The crank appears to be what was siezed. Both crank and main bearrings are siezed. And to top it all off the swingarm bolt is siezed on. (HONDA):crazy:
It has 85 250r rear fenders, and what looks like a 250sx front fender and headlight. I think it looks raceier. And ideas on how to get that swing arm out? I have seen this topic on here befor. But man they have an ugly motor to them.

TtownJoeShow
04-25-2007, 04:45 PM
sounds like you shoulda bought a winch or something for the greener instead of the 250R!

Grab up another long bolt that will fit in the swinger bolt hole and start hammering it in, it will push the seized bolt out, oh and use lotsa penitrating oil

mopar_man
04-25-2007, 04:46 PM
I don't have any advice but I think your signature is amusing considering the topic at hand. :lol:

Tecate250
04-26-2007, 03:38 PM
Its not all mine lol. Thanks for pointing that out. I just bought it to make some cash. We could turn the bolt and a buddy of mine who is huge was wailing on it with a maul and could not budge it at all. Also the front motor mount bolt too has the same fait. Im hopping to sell the bike to a non believer or to the other owner.