PDA

View Full Version : What did I get myself into

80'427
04-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Well I broke the crank in my 250r so while I was waiting on the crank I sent my cylinder off to duncan to get ported. Now Since I was waiting I thought with more power I should build a bit longer swinger. Then I though since I am waiting I will polish a bit on my side cases. Now I am worried about getting the gold off the front wheel. So now I have 3 half started projects. My hand is going to fall off from sanding. I can't find any tubing to match my swing arm and I have the wheel off but don't know how to remove the gold. Besides all that my buddies and wife want to ride about every other night. I still don't have a cylinder but now the rest is half apart and half finished. I am afraid it will show up and I'll still be no where. This all started I just wanted to look at the reeds before riding in the sand. Good thing I think I am going drag racing next friday with my camaro and going to moab with my truck that way I don't have anything extra to do.

SYKO
04-25-2007, 02:31 PM
multiply that by 10 and thats what I got going!! enjoy!

WIkid500
04-25-2007, 03:02 PM
HAHAHA I'm laughing at you guy's lol. You should have 3 papers to write, and finals to take. papers due in less then 2 weeks, and finals are the week after.

And you say enjoy. lol

ATC-Eric
04-25-2007, 03:28 PM
I agree. It gets crazy! With my z, I thought it was going to be a painted frame, and some new plastics. Now Im about $3000 down the road, 100's of hours in labor, and Im still not done. Its easy to get carried away. On top of that the X needs help, not to mention the 200s that is sitting in line for a frame up.

How good of condition is the front wheel anyways? Douglas makes a polished rim for the R for around $50 if I recall correctly. You have to think about how much your time is worth. If its in good condition, theres a bunch of board members that would probably be pretty interested in your old wheel with the original gold finish.

If you decide to go ahead and polish the one you got, some simple paint remover should do the trick. Pick up a bit of aircraft remover, or something of the sort. After that you have a lot of sanding and polishing to look forward to.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

hazard
04-25-2007, 03:50 PM
lol but when all is said and done, your HAPPY and thats what matters, that what hobbies are all about and i personally love every moment of it

Tri-Z 250
04-25-2007, 04:00 PM
I gotta do luandry, watch the kid, clean the house, get dinner ready after I shop the food this weekend....wanna trade? I want my MOTO!.....I can't really complain I really do get to ride. Heck even if it was every weekend, I'd still want to ride more. SO, daddy duties call and I need to answer up this weekend.

oscarmayer
04-25-2007, 04:13 PM
wow your a busy man there Triz-250. No mrs?

80'427
04-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Oh, I am not really complaining on what I have to do, it is just like this all the time. I start a project to do some small thing and here we go. The rim is ok but I still want white aluminum to match my rears. I am going to repaint the hubs red or blue haven't decided. My local honda dealership has some new 250r rims from when honda scraped out some 3 wheelers in 1987-88. I wasn't plannning on a restomod but I guess thats where we are headed.

BigGreenMachine
04-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Its the snowball effect...gets started slowy then speeds up until its out of control.