PDA

View Full Version : 250sx driveshaft question - 85 vs 86

ATCnut
04-22-2007, 11:13 PM
I need to know if anyone has compared the 85 250sx driveshaft to the 86 driveshaft.

The part number changed from Honda, but only the last three digits. When that happens, sometimes the parts interchange, and sometimes they do not.

I have all 86 250sxs, but I parted out a 85

the boot on one of mine got a hole in it, I put a new boot on but things are rusty inside. Once I got it back together I am afraid that the u-joint might be toast.

I have the 85 driveshaft to look at, it appears the little u-joint is not replacable in the yokes. Any one with experince there??

team-red-rider
04-22-2007, 11:23 PM
as far as i kno the 85-87 shafts are teh same the only diffrence was the axle and swingarm

ATCnut
04-23-2007, 12:11 AM
I am hoping that someone has actually tried a 85 shaft in a 86, or has had one of each at the same time and compared them.

Dirtcrasher
04-23-2007, 12:15 PM
I have swapped all year driveshafts, swingarms and diffs. Never noticed any driveshaft difference other than the 86/87 better sealing rears seem to have better condition driveshafts.

I would imagine that by now, someone makes a ujoin that could be pressed in there. But you'd have to find a way to "keep" it in there. Honda uses some type of press to distort the round hhole to keep it from backing out...