PDA

View Full Version : atc 110 ran great, now runs crappy

dan1983
04-22-2007, 01:13 AM
so all week i been looking foward to today, me and a few dirtbikes went to a new construction site(old farm) for some riding. we get ready to go and blahhhhhh
the 3 wheeler is bogging every time i give it gas? i was so pissed cause it ruined my day. anyway i need some ideas on what it could be.
the 110 has been running great for a while now, ran perfect yesterday and this morning i changed the plug before i left, when i went to use it it bogges when i give it more than 25 percent throttle.

the only thing i can think is somthing with spark? i changed out a few plugs and it didnt help.
it starts and idles but bogs when under load.
HELP PLEASE.

bigreddaddy
04-22-2007, 06:21 AM
Boy do I know that feeling. Yesterday in fact trying to let my boy have some fun on his zinger, but had to get him off and work on it AGAIN.

If your 110 runs I don't think it is a spark issue unless your fouling plugs. How about some history on it, ever changed filters, cleaned carb, running a fuel filter, etc.
What color were the plugs after running them, dark/black or white/dry, etc.?
Ever messed with your main needle position?

traxxasx
04-22-2007, 06:37 AM
clean your carb plain and simple clean both jets hold them to the light to see if there clogged check *Edited**Edited* main jet mainly.

dan1983
04-22-2007, 10:06 AM
i have had it about a month or so and cleaned the carb a few weeks ago.
when it started doing this yesterday we thought it was bad gas, cause i had some gas from last season in my garage and i had used that. we got fresh gas and it still didnt help.
plugs look ok when i take them out, i know the rings on this thing arnt the best but the plugs look good.

TimSr
04-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Check for airflow obstructions in intake and exhaust, and disassemble and clean the carb making sure all orifices flow all the way through, and pay close attention to choke circuit. DO NOT PLAY WITH CARB ADJUSTMENTS. Main jets and Needle clips do not drift overnight.

RedRider_AK
04-22-2007, 02:35 PM
My ATC 90 used to do that, the gas tank was so full of rust that the petcock was clogged and basically the float bowl wasn't filling up fast enough. It kept starving for fuel.

traxxasx
04-22-2007, 03:18 PM
i have had it about a month or so and cleaned the carb a few weeks ago.
when it started doing this yesterday we thought it was bad gas, cause i had some gas from last season in my garage and i had used that. we got fresh gas and it still didnt help.
plugs look ok when i take them out, i know the rings on this thing arnt the best but the plugs look good.

go clean your carb. old has means it has crap floating around in it. just cause you cleaned *Edited**Edited* carb a day ago doesent mean its not clogged.

cowmilker
04-26-2007, 11:32 PM
That happened with my son's suzuki 50cc. I took the carb apart and found a piece of saw dust lodged in to the bottom of the main jet (this thing had no filter on the fuel line). Yes, the jets wont usually clog over night, but with old lawnmower gas that has been sitting in the corner of the garage (isn't that the picture you just painted for us), you never know.

Also, you said you put in a new plug! Is it safe to assume that you gapped it correctly?
Is your tank vent open, and working? (as you suck fuel out of your tank from the bottom, that "volume" should be replaced with air)

icp4life162005
04-27-2007, 12:27 AM
clean the carb and then put a fuel filter on and you should be good to go. I've dealt with this problem enough times to say this for sure.