PDA

View Full Version : The DG Pipe Arrived for the Tri-Zinger........

bigreddaddy
04-21-2007, 01:45 AM
I broke down and bought a brand new DG Exhaust from DG Perfomance for my sons yt60, so hopefully when I install it tomorrow my son will have a great running trike. We've had enough problems with it from the plugged exhaust and the leaking carb.
I'm going to go up from a 92 to a 95 main jet because of the new clamp on air filter and new pipe and tune from there.
Wish us luck!

ceaserthethird
04-21-2007, 03:20 AM
let see some pictures ...

Keep us posted

Trikeaholic
04-21-2007, 07:53 AM
my boy has a DG on his zinger and the only complaint I have is that it is LOUD and sticks out past the grab bar pretty far.

DixiePlowboy
04-21-2007, 08:26 AM
Hopping up the little Zinger sounds cool. My youngest is wanting one pretty bad.

Hope it works well and he rides the tires off it!

mike from long island
04-21-2007, 01:35 PM
I broke down and bought a brand new DG Exhaust from DG Perfomance for my sons yt60, so hopefully when I install it tomorrow my son will have a great running trike. We've had enough problems with it from the plugged exhaust and the leaking carb.
I'm going to go up from a 92 to a 95 main jet because of the new clamp on air filter and new pipe and tune from there.
Wish us luck!

Do you have their website address?? I was looking but havent found a pipe or their website yet. Thanks

bigreddaddy
04-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Mike here is the link to the pipe, http://www.dgperf.com/atv/ATVProductsDetail.asp?ATVProductID=304&model=Four/Tri%20Z-Zinger

The stock main jet is 92.5. I had put a 90 in it when I was having all the troubles. I just put a 95 in it after installing the pipe and filter. I haven't tried the changing the needle, but am about to. It idles fine but when put into start it has very low bottom end and is boggy.
I've been reading the jetting thread, but after checking the plug several times after tuning w/pilot/air it always has oil, very dark. The plug strap even fused to the insulator.
Are 2 strokes always going to have an oily plug? The jetting thread says to raise the needle/richen if no low end. Should I do this even though it seems to be running rich?

mike from long island
04-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the link, just ordered one.Ill be watching this thread to make sure I get the correct jetting too.Good luck Mike

bigreddaddy
04-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Cool Mike. I think the pipe sounds great. Has a good lope sound. I stood about 5 feet behind the pipe listening and could feel the compression. And the pipe only sticks out maybe 5 inches from the grab bar.

I raised the needle one step and that did the trick for the throttle response on low end. I still need to tune a little more with the air/pilot. Right now I'm waiting for my son to get home so he can ride it.

bigreddaddy
04-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Hopping up the little Zinger sounds cool. My youngest is wanting one pretty bad.

Hope it works well and he rides the tires off it!

Thanks man. I really didn't want to hop it up but didn't really have a choice. The stock exhaust was plugged up. The only pipe I could find was the pricey DG at $160 shipped.
And to top it off my sons friend across the street got a new Yammy dirt bike and has been riding all the time, so you get the idea.
I also have an '82 atc70 project, and bought a '85 atc70 motor for it since the one on it is locked up. Projects, projects.................
I hope you find your kid one soon.

bigreddaddy
04-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Alright, I need advice from jetting/tuning experts. I'm getting tired of working on this zinger.
It has NO low end. I put my boy on it and it would barely move. Once it got going it picked up speed, but there is no way its running right.
I tuned and tuned and tuned. The only bigger jet I could find was a 110. So I tried it but it will barely run.
Should I go down in main jetting???
I moved the needle on every position, tuned, and just can't get low end power. Any advice will really be appreciated.

Billy Golightly
04-21-2007, 08:11 PM
If the plug is dark its rich, end of story. Its either fuel/air mixture rich, oil/gas mixture rich, or it could be rich from a bad crank seal or centercase gasket sucking in oil in from the transmission.