PDA

View Full Version : Help Jetting a 1986 ATC 200x

Xfile
04-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Hello everyone,

After 15 years away from trikes I decieded to get back into them. I found a 1986 atc 200x that has had the engine built by powroll back in 1986. It has been in storage since 1993. It is in very nice condition and a deal not to be passed up ($450). Anyway, I did all the basics(oil filter rotor/screen cleaning-oil change,cleaned/adjusted carb, cleaned fuel tank, lubed chassis, replaced brake fluid etc..). I am very happy with the results: its a very fast 200x. The problem I have is that it has an aftermarket mikuni carb on it wich did not allow use of the stock airbox, it just had a pod filter on it. This is no good for the conditions I ride in so I went back to the stock carb and air box with a uni-filter and the air box lid opened up. I need to jet up the stock carb; does anyone have a good sugggestion for a starting point? The stock main is 112 in the keihin carb that is on it now,,,the larger aftermarket mikuni that was on it had a 160 main in it. The trike has the following engine mods---high comp. piston, aftermarket cam, port job, cobra pipe. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Xfile

The aftermarket mikuni carb that was on the trike is for sale or I will trade for some 1986 atc 200x odds and ends. I am looking for a rear grab bar (stock or aftermarket, a tail light, and the fender support bar that bolts under the seat.

tyman
04-20-2007, 06:28 PM
its more of a guess and check... check the jetting thread... just search if u can't find it.. but its at the top of the triksylvania page.... search ebay.com for the grabbar, taillight, and fender supports... or post a classified ad on here... what size is the aftermarket carb??

Xfile
04-20-2007, 09:30 PM
It's a true 29mm. (throat bored to be 29mm strait through)

scary132
04-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Did you check the www.powroll.com website? They have a good jetting tip section, and if it is one of their motors you can contact their tech dept for jetting instructions.

Aftermarket grab bar? PRM are cool, I'm ordering the Baja for my 350x
http://prm-atv.com/MN.asp?pg=products&grp=34&mfr=2