PDA

View Full Version : couple triz 250 engine questions??

sblt500r
04-20-2007, 02:30 PM
1. is the waterpump shaft supposed to move in and out about 1/8 th of an inch when its all assembled with the cover on the engine? everything is new, washers, pin, E clip, bushing, and a billet shaft. oh also the seal is new!

2. the clutch adjustment in the center of the clutch basket. is there a setting for that? i don't have the cable, so does it have to be adjusted with the cable and lever all attatched? i have it turned in, so the screw is about flush with the nut.

chris200x
04-20-2007, 03:47 PM
Where's the "Lord of the Z" when ya need him? :wondering :lol:

Bryan Raffa
04-20-2007, 05:36 PM
have no fear Iam here! haha Yes the water pump has about a 1/8 play in and out.

the clutch adjustment,,, with the cable off take the arm and move it til it alines with the case like in the picture..loosen the lock nut, and turn the short push rod till it (LIGHTLY) touches the ball. do that wile holding the arm you will feel it move. THEN TIGHTEN THE NUT but make shure the rod dont turn when tightening the nut hold it with the phillips and use a open end 10mm

TimSr
04-20-2007, 05:43 PM
1. is the waterpump shaft supposed to move in and out about 1/8 th of an inch when its all assembled with the cover on the engine? everything is new, washers, pin, E clip, bushing, and a billet shaft. oh also the seal is new!

2. the clutch adjustment in the center of the clutch basket. is there a setting for that? i don't have the cable, so does it have to be adjusted with the cable and lever all attatched? i have it turned in, so the screw is about flush with the nut.

The shaft will move in and out a little bit. 1/8" spunded like a lot, but after looking at it on a tape measure, its about right. There is no adjustment for that, just a fixed e-clip on the shaft.

For the clutch adjustment, that screw is just like another cable adjuster. Attach your clutch cable, screw the cable adjuster on the lever most of the way in,(loose) loosen the lock nut on the screw on the clutch assembly, adjust the screw in just so it makes contact, and back it out about 1/8 turn, and tighten the locknut, then use the cable adjuster on the lever for adjusting. There should be some free slop in the lever, and you should feel it compress the cutch springs ar you pull it. The adjustment on the clutch screw is not critical, and if its too far out of whack, you wont be able to adjust your clutch at the lever adjustment.

TimSr
04-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Theres that echo again!

Bryan Raffa
04-20-2007, 05:45 PM
tim the manual says to detach the cable

TimSr
04-20-2007, 05:58 PM
tim the manual says to detach the cable

Whats a manual? :wondering

You might need to disconnect the cable if its too tight to begin with, and I suppose thats why they suggest it. The point is to have no cable force pushing against the rod. You can either disconnect teh cable, or loosen the lock nut, and turn the screw several turns out. I guess Im always working with a unit already in service so its normally ot necessary for me to do this.