PDA

View Full Version : Need some support. 350x in mud (MI U.P.)

scary132
04-20-2007, 11:52 AM
I've got my 86 350x all back together and dialed in. I was going to jump in w/ a friend on a three day trip to the Michigan UP but they are giving me a bunch of crap. They say its too muddy for a 3-wheeler and I will be stuck all the time and a pain in their ass. They have these huge 600cc 4X4 quads. I know it will be muddy this time of year, I've snowmobiled every foot of those trails. But seriously? Anybody up that way?
Granted I didnt spend the last two months rebuilding it to bury it in knee deep mud, but the fact that they are saying I can't hang is pissing me off. They think it is funny that I have a clutch and shift gears!

WTF? Ive been out of the sport for 15 years, is this what it has come to??

johnny's X
04-20-2007, 12:02 PM
I would tell them to f*ck off. If there machines are so bad ass they can pull you out no problem. I would go and mop up there sh*t

Gunnar
04-20-2007, 12:06 PM
No offence intended, but your buddies sound like "weeners". I ride with a bunch of different machines, 600 4x4s to 200sx. I rode a big red for years and no one ever complained. If someone got stuck or broke down we just towed them. Maybe they just dont want you to go and show up their machines with your 20+ year old trike. My big red would float over some of the stuff that the larger 4x4s would sink in.

scary132
04-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh I agree, definately no offense taken. More like "princesses". They tried telling me I couldnt keep up on the trails too... C'mon, now thats dumb.

johnny's X
04-20-2007, 12:23 PM
not much out there thats gonna keep us with a x in the trails. I think they are just scared that you are gonna show up there 5,000 to 8,000 dollar machines with something thats 21 years old

SYKO
04-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Go Tear There Ass's Up!!

xman23
04-20-2007, 02:05 PM
yea just put a more aggressive tire on there for the mud and you will do fine, sure you wont go threw all the stuff there 600cc monsters will, but if you get stuck you usually can get them out yourself unlike theres that take 2 wheelers to pull them out of some real bad stuff, and you shouldnt have a prob waxing them on the trails, but some of these new 4 wheel drive quads are getting fast, but your X is alot mor nimble

IrvSLedman
04-20-2007, 05:54 PM
you cant keep up?! are your friends total morons? is that what the guy at the dealer told them? shesh.. do they know a 500+ lb machine is a little harder to maneuver around on a trail than your X will be? Go, show them whos boss. and make sure to roost them extra hard.