PDA

View Full Version : Tecate FT project update pics

DixiePlowboy
04-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Well, I've made a little progress since my last update.

The rear tires are 18X11x8 Duro HF-245's mounted on ITP T-9 Pro 8x8 3+5 offset wheels. The wheels were for a Blaster with 10mm studs, so I had to drill them to 1/2"....no problem, they fit perfect after drilling. My rear width measurement is 49.5", so I came in just under the usual 50" limit for most tracks.

The front tire is a Front Max size 22x8x10 mounted on the stock '85 front wheel. It took a good bit of work to get the tire to take air and grab a bead, but 2 ratchet straps around the outside diameter of the tire made it happen. After swelling outward to the rim, the tire now measures a little under 21" in height, just as I'd hoped for.

I should have the motor in it by this time next week, and have the rear shock by next weekend......so everything is coming together slowly but surely.

Thanks for looking, and I promise I'll have more progress when I post pics of it again:D

SYKO
04-20-2007, 10:12 AM
looks good man, one problem the front tire, from experience the only tracks where a dirt tire like that will work is a track with banked turns or completly banked, if you run a flat track like jasper or partly valdosta your front end will push out becouse the dirt tire dosnt grab to the hard clay serface, i beleive swainsborrow is banked but dont hold me to it

BigGreenMachine
04-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Looks great! That white and green paint scheme is all I see lately.

Have to get a 8 inch wide tire for mine this summer, love the way it looks with the 18 inch rears.

DixiePlowboy
04-20-2007, 10:28 AM
The tracks I will spend most of my time on around here are at least semi-banked. I would be afraid of a lower profile style tire pushing more than I would a Front Max on the tracks I've been to.....but keep in mind, the tracks I'm talking about are car dirt tracks which would be different than the kart-style tracks as far as surface conditions.

I'm going to upgrade a few things and get different flavor spares of rear and front tires to change out to suit different tracks/conditions. This is just my starting point for what I'll do most.

SYKO
04-20-2007, 10:30 AM
understood!! we have 2 tracks that we race on that are stock car tracks swainsborrow and east bay.

scooterroo
04-20-2007, 09:10 PM
looking real good dixie, liking the color scheme :beer

Billy Golightly
04-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Lookin sharp!