PDA

View Full Version : 250r Lowering Strut

Rustytinhorn
04-19-2007, 12:05 AM
So I chewed the heck out of my lowering strut trying to get it apart for painting. Both of the ends that screw into the aluminum are still good, but I ruined my aluminum twisty adjuster thing. (Real technical terms here) Is there anywhere I can get another adjustable strut for my 85 250r without converting to a trx rear end?
Anyway, I had a machine shop quote me for new aluminum twisty part. They would be somewhere in the ballpark of $20, but dont hold me to it. Is anyone else interested in getting one of these? I also asked about the two ends that screw into it (cmon u know what I'm talkin about) and they werent sure off the bat. If I could I would like to make some entirely new struts. I still need to do somemore homework on the two ends though.
Would anyone be interested in any of these, as a part or as a whole, if this is what I did end up getting one or more parts made?
Again the aluminum peice is about 20bucks and I dont have a price on the ends yet, but chances are they will be a bit pricey due to the tolerances it requires.
Thanks

Aussieduner
04-19-2007, 01:30 AM
The Durablue TRX struts fit ok i have them on my 85 & 86 ATC's the only small part required is the small bush at the shock end its a little larger diameter which i had made up cheaply.

SYKO
04-19-2007, 08:58 AM
I made my own, your right the rod ends that are worth a crap to use cost out the A!