PDA

View Full Version : Whoohoo

MyMistress86R
04-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Well, I did it. I jumped my first double today...twice even. The first time had my browneye doing hula hoops around my stomach...lol. I had to pull over immediately and get off the trike...lol.

Granted it was a rather small one, but then again, I'm a puss, so I'm quite happy with my achievement.

:beer

RedRider_AK
04-18-2007, 08:58 PM
How big was the gap between take-off and landing, in trike/quad lengths?

ATC-Eric
04-18-2007, 09:15 PM
Good for you.

BigGreenMachine
04-18-2007, 09:22 PM
MINT!! I hate doubles! LOL Always picture myself front wheeling into it and eating it.

MyMistress86R
04-18-2007, 09:23 PM
The gap was probably two trikes from peak to peak. Nothing major, but a grand success all the same. It's a great first step in my goal to become a little better for MX this summer.

Derrick Adams
04-18-2007, 09:27 PM
I walked it out while I was standing there. It was 12ft from peak to peak. I think I was more excited than he was!

Black86tri-z
04-18-2007, 09:28 PM
2 trike's wtf? i jump 2 to 3 car legth double's with my z with a blown shock every time i ride,but i guess some people have to start some where, how are you hitting the jump?meaning body position? how much gas are you given it what gear are you in? i hit them in either 2 or3rd in the power band, i'll have to grab some pics this weekend!

RedRider_AK
04-18-2007, 09:32 PM
2 trike's wtf? i jump 2 to 3 car legth double's with my z with a blown shock every time i ride

Great job of pissing on the guy's good day... :rolleyes:

As for the OP: Nice job! Did you actually land clean? Now you have to hit that jump about 40000 times to get it ingrained in your mind exactly what gear you need to be in, what RPM's you need to have, etc so you can do it perfectly on-demand.

I have yet to do any doubles, but I think that's because we don't have any MX tracks around here, and I don't have a decent quad/trike to do any home-made doubles on.

Black86tri-z
04-18-2007, 09:36 PM
well i diden't mean 2 b a a$$hole but i thought he was stompin a nasty double then he was like 2 trike's and i was a little in shock that some one would b excited about that but for some people jumping trike's or quad's is hard ,i grew up on dirt bike's so beatin the snot out of trike's is a walk in the park!

TimSr
04-18-2007, 11:34 PM
The gap was probably two trikes from peak to peak. Nothing major, but a grand success all the same. It's a great first step in my goal to become a little better for MX this summer.

I think thats super! Looks like you've been hooked with the bug now! Can I expect to see more of you on race days this year? You know what I always say. Anybody can post anything on message board, but I totally respect the guys who actually show up and ride, no matter how well, more than any armchair racer, and you sir, are NO armchair racer! Congratulations!

Aussieduner
04-19-2007, 01:43 AM
As we say in Australia "Good Onya" !

Old 179
04-19-2007, 05:44 AM
His double jump cherry has been poped, it's enjoyment from here on!!!!!!!

DixiePlowboy
04-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Tim Sr. is right......Great job and kudos for getting out there!

I haven't doubled in a long time, but did it alot back in the day. You're should be excited about it and doing it the right way by working up to bigger things as you gain experience and confidence and not getting over your head too quickly.

There's nothing like the smoothness of pulling off a double(or triple) just right.....well except maybe for the feeling of weightlessness when doing a long tabletop at high speed.

oscarmayer
04-19-2007, 11:23 AM
GJ!!!
that reminds me of an "oops" i had once. in my old toyota 4x4 we were out 4wheeling on the local trails and saw what we "thought" was ramp to a differnt level as there were several levels out there. Well we were WRONG! it was a bike jump. needless to say 10 ft of air from about 35-40 mph and then coming down with slammign on the brakes to kepe form hitting the trees jsut past the endge of the trail defenitally taught us to stop and check thing sout before charging forward fomr then on. (not to mention my drink went flying all over the palce. it actually didi a flip in mid air and landed right side up in the seat next to my bud. when we hit it fell over in his lap then opend up. it was pretty scarry for is. but then we started laughing and cracking jokes.

anyway sorry to go off on a tangent but your story reminded me of that time. GJ none the less and keep on trikin.

slothminx
04-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Ive never done a double, one of my things to do ;). Ive stuck to the tabletops and singles

Nice one todd! :D

Dusty
04-19-2007, 12:08 PM
good job brother......glad ta see ya got the jitters out.....now its time for nates tabletop...lol....

johnny's X
04-19-2007, 02:37 PM
Nice job, how long did it take to get your balls big enough to do it.

TtownJoeShow
04-19-2007, 03:27 PM
thats awesome, i have yet to ride on a MX track, and i've been riding for like 14 years lol..i've mostly been in the trails and roads......so how did ya figure what speed to hit it at? i'm thinkin 2nd and pinned at the bottom of the launch lol i don't mind 10- 12 ft, its just that i've never had the real good slope to land on

But yeah thats awesome! practice makes perfect!!!!

MyMistress86R
04-19-2007, 05:33 PM
I've been on the track several times before and always pussed out. I had to ride 10~15 laps to get the feel of everything before I finally sacked up and did it this time. The first time was a little hairy, way high in the front end. The second time was picture perfect, as I'm being told by Derrick, who watched the whole thing.

Dusty...I've been playing on Nate's tabletop too brother. It was actually the small double on his track that I jumped.

Thanx TimSr. I'm hoping to make all three Smith Road events this year as well as Trikefest.

seadoo650
04-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Why was I not told about a ride over at Nate's??:mad:

Great job Todd. Hopefully when mine gets done I'll be over there doin' them too.

Derrick Adams
04-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Rick, we'll be there at least once a week for the next month.