PDA

View Full Version : good spark wont fire

myjetdrew
04-18-2007, 07:51 PM
185s has real good spark but i can not get it to fire help thanks

SYKO
04-18-2007, 08:07 PM
wellcome aboard first!!! and second, you spark next pull your plug does it have any gas on it?? if its dry then your not getting any gas to the motor could be a stopped up tank vent/petcock/gas line/ float needle dirty carb, third if you have spark and gas and it still dosnt crank it may be so worn out in the cylinder that it dosnt have enough compression to start (very unlikely) or your cdi on the head could be slipping causing it to spark but at the wrong time, the only way that will happen if the little ears snap off in there (ive seen it happen) hope fully this will help you out some

TtownJoeShow
04-19-2007, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the boards!!! lol if the plug is soaked then the float needle could have stuck open and allowed the gas to flow through the carb and into your crank case, causing too much gas in the mixture...take the flug out and kicker over 4 times or so, But not many more! then put a good plug in and givver some more!! lol that has happened to me once!
Another thing is your gas old? if it is it could have gone varnishy, drain it from the tank and carb bowl, and filler up with some fresh stuff

myjetdrew
04-24-2007, 08:07 PM
The Motor Is Just Sitting In The Frame Have It Wired,but No Gas Tank Hooket Up Or Carb Shot Starting Fuel In The Spark Plug Hole Didnt Pop I No It Wouldnt Run But Should It At Lest Fire With Starting Fuel Thanks